• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Terex TX 110-72R - joystick flash - trade?

zetabug

Hello, Thanks for letting me post.

A local farmer asked me to fix his short-circuited "boom lift". *Handler with Telescopic Boom

So I did, I traced the wires on the short circuited fuse/relay panel, and replaced
what needed replacing and put some new wires in to replace the burnt out traces,
and scraped away all the short circuiting char. Fired up the machine, once the
ground fault was fixed, to discover that the turret would not rotate.

Could not figure out why not. Took the "danfoss controller board" home
to probe and investigate. I was too careless, and the power connector
made contact with part of the circuit board burning out part of the circuit.

The irony. Okay, one year later, I am now an expert at AVR microcontrollers.
I was able to recover the flash code from the ATMEGA8515 and reverse engineer it.
Unfortunately, the code from the AT90S2313 was lost (erased?).

( I ended up soldering on new chips for both of those. My first SMD work - and it is easy! )

The AT90S2313 only has one output. Which enables or disables ALL outputs from the
board together. No discriminating. When I simply enable that output, the boom lift
seems to work as it should. - yes I have code to display all the input and output
status from the board.

The deadman is handled by the 8515, and if no deadman switch means
all outputs get zeroed. A 14 byte payload is sent at 19200 baud from the 8515
to the 2313.

My question:

Does anyone have one of these machines, who would be willing to download the flash code
from their machine (from the 2313) - I can teach you how. Not hard.

In return I will gladly share my reverse engineered/commented ATMEGA8515 code, and reverse/comment/share
the code from the received AT90S2313 code.

Yes, I'm thinking of enhancements now :)

Oh, and the reason the turret would not rotate is because the lock pin up sensor signal
is/was not being received. It was noted absent in the payload, and it was noted essential
for the turret rotation solenoid power relay to activate in the reverse engineered code.

Yes, I'm open to being hired ;) (but unlikely to be lol)

Oh, the board in question is labelled CS221V4 - I think "CiAM" is part of the branding - not sure.

Best regards,
--
zetabug

Last edited: