• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The 602 gets a Dupont overhaul

ror76a

Last week I spent a little time in the shop and put a new coat of paint on the Case 602 roller that we bought this summer. I unforunaitly didn't take any before pictures (never thought of it till it was too late :beatsme ) but the "power tan" had fadded to "power pink".

Attachments

• Roller 1003.jpg
    Roller 1003.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 655
  • Roller 1001.jpg
    Roller 1001.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 638
  • Roller 1002.jpg
    Roller 1002.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 635

Turbo21835

Good looking paint job. I dont think there is much demand for compacting snow though. Where are you guys located?

ror76a

Yeah, we don't do much snow compacting, might be a good way to make ice though :D . The old girl will sit in the shed till spring. We are located in Port Austin, MI.

Turbo21835

Well hell, you are only an hour or so away from me. Im in Saginaw. Whats your season looking like? Ive heard things are going to be too good for the big guys. Marx doesnt have much. I think Bourdow is in serious trouble. They auctioned a bunch of iron off this spring. Last I heard Fischer is the only one thats going to be steady. I also heard saginaw/ace asphalt is going to be shutting a plant down until work picks up

ror76a

Well hell, you are only an hour or so away from me. Im in Saginaw. Whats your season looking like? Ive heard things are going to be too good for the big guys. Marx doesnt have much. I think Bourdow is in serious trouble. They auctioned a bunch of iron off this spring. Last I heard Fischer is the only one thats going to be steady. I also heard saginaw/ace asphalt is going to be shutting a plant down until work picks up

Right now it's not looking good, but last year looked about the same at this point and it turned out alright. Everyone I have talked to so far is expecting a slow year. Looks like there is still a little work to bid over your way, saw something about a big (60,000'+) watermain over by midland.