• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

the best!

counter

Occupation
manager
im a newbie to this, and ive learned so much from you guys!ive found brian hay to be a wealth of knowledge that many of the guys like me dont know

BrianHay

Hey thanks counter! What a great thing to come home to, reading that made my day. I thoroughly enjoy sharing my knowledge and teaching new Operators when I know it's appreciated...almost as much as I enjoy learning when it's my turn to sit back and listen.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
i always enjoy reading the posts from the likes of deas plant, roll over pete, surfer joe, wabco man, koo, and others. Its nice to learn about how the older generations handled a given situation. No need to bang your head into a problem that someone else solved 30 years ago.

For instance, I learned from the aussies on here what chain clearing means. Never seen anything like that done in pa. I'm sure others think we are crazy for having so many of those weird bulldozers with buckets running around.

Another thing this site is good for is learning about particular strong / weak points on equipment. Knowledge is power.

Its every single contributor that makes this site great.

Brian, i love seeing your job pics man, you do stuff with that spider hoe that i thought was in the realm of hanging a dragline bucket off a helocopter or something.

Last edited:

counter

Occupation
manager
mr hay, is the best!

brian ,i really love your input here!youve taught us so much! you are the meat, and potatoes, kinda operater we need to see makin comments in here!

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
i, personally, am more the hot dog and french fry type of operator:)

counter

Occupation
manager
hry brian, this isnt quite related, but can u tell us more about the spyder hoe! i watched the vid. and it looked like a death-wish to me! not mention the nice houses down there u could tumble into killing people!

BrianHay

Check out the link in my signature counter. That's my businesses website, you will find lots of info on them there :) Check it out frequently as I update it and add more on a regular basis.

counter

Occupation
manager
spyder hoe

so do you own this equipment, and run it brian? did you have something to do with its development? or were you just crazy enough to try it on a hillside?>

BrianHay

Yes I am Owner/Operator and the link in my signature is my website, I made it.

I had nothing to do with their development, the first one was made in 1965....10 years before I was born. We had our machine shipped here from Switzerland (were they are made) in January of 08.

counter

Occupation
manager
who makes the spyder?

awesome piece of equipment brian!! who makes this thing? and is it available world wide?