• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The famous Cat "Click Box"

bubble Bee

What could I be do wrong I can get the mode 3 up and scroll thru the code but I can’t get to clear and they are not active

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Please read the instructions at the start of the thread.
"Please post any diagnostic questions by starting a new thread in the appropriate forum for your machine. It may well be that a member will link to this thread when answering and that’s how it’s designed to work."

Post a new thread in the dozer section. Give the Serial Number, what your Codes are, photos of the monitor panel, etc, etc.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
If you are working with the click box, I usually push the button to clear and hold it for about ten and twenty seconds. When I let up the button I wait to see if the screen has shifted to the next code. If not I'll try it again. If it still won't go out, I'm afraid you will need someone with the laptop and software to go in an see what is going on. Good Luck

TVA

Have a question: maybe I missed something, but want to make sure about pin out.
Is pin out used for these is standard for DT series connector, or CAT came up with their own?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Cat has an electrical fitting with two copper wires sticking out that you can insert into the back of the harness connectors and touch the back side of wire connectors to check voltages. You have to have a schematic to identify what each wire does and usually I had to use the cook book for individual identification of each wire in each harness connector. I don't recall seeing a pin out connector box used on anything after the Komatsu Dash 3 line.

TVA

Cat has an electrical fitting with two copper wires sticking out that you can insert into the back of the harness connectors and touch the back side of wire connectors to check voltages. You have to have a schematic to identify what each wire does and usually I had to use the cook book for individual identification of each wire in each harness connector. I don't recall seeing a pin out connector box used on anything after the Komatsu Dash 3 line.

I probably can ID contacts by the diagram that you guys posted in this thread.
Was hoping to build it without taking anything apart. Especially that dozer. The seat is rusted and don’t want to move, and connector is really hard to access behind that seat.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Sorry if I am asking what I should already know, but which connector are you referring to, how many pins in what arrangement, and is it for flash codes or CANBUS?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I probably can ID contacts by the diagram that you guys posted in this thread.
Was hoping to build it without taking anything apart. Especially that dozer. The seat is rusted and don’t want to move, and connector is really hard to access behind that seat.
Are you referring to the 4-pin DT connector.? If so it is standard, and the machine will have the corresponding plug in the wiring harness.
If so please take a look at Post #16 on Page 1. The "Monitor Service Connector" pinouts on the machine wiring harness are generic and identical. they even use the same wire numbers on every machine.

TVA

Are you referring to the 4-pin DT connector.? If so it is standard, and the machine will have the corresponding plug in the wiring harness.
If so please take a look at Post #16 on Page 1. The "Monitor Service Connector" pinouts on the machine wiring harness are generic and identical. they even use the same wire numbers on every machine.
Yes, that’s what that dozer had, just DT 4 pin.
Was wondering whether the numbers on those schematics are the same as Deutch designed them, or CAT connected them in some other fashion.

ahart

I believe the last time I used a clicker box was underground at the gyp mine on a R1700G LHD. U-joint failed and blew a hole in the transmission case. Had to use clicker box to override the transmission pressure sensor so parking brake would release to tow machine, if I remember correctly.