• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

The Toy Shop - Show off your Homemade toy machines

johnklickovic

82.jpg86.jpg83.jpg33.jpg43.jpg More toys. I've got more, highway trucks, cars, earth moving machinery and agricultural machines all in 1/32 scale. But I wont bother you with them now.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
Here are a couple from my diorama. All 1/50 scale. Not completely home made but certainly bashed together.

7389213044_8c2d8ebd46_c.jpg

7312437684_3bfd7ba678_c.jpg

7312435914_e90cae90a8_c.jpg

7291673152_30f3943021_c.jpg

7283625800_ae046f6f75_c.jpg

7305307216_8307fd2142_c.jpg

Let me know what you think.

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
Madill 044 Plans

All these great shots of the modelling efforts on the Hayes and Madill threads have got me looking at a project that I started a few years ago. The rainy weather has also driven me indoors to seek other pursuits. I got hold of some basic machine deck plans for a Madill 044 several years ago and started to loft plans for a model of the Y-35 from my M & B Sproat Lake Division days. Life events put the whole thing on hold these last few years

The plans that I purchased are in a 1" to 1' scale and I'm making it somewhat easy on myself by sticking to that for the model. So the real unit is 60' tall and my model will be 60" tall when done. A fellow forum Member - DBDLS sent me over 500 pictures of the Y-09 a few years ago and I've sorted through these. Trakloader sent down the manual for the Y-30 - which I copied and am using as a resource. A big thanks goes out to both these people. The plan is make it operable - hopefully by R/C. If anyone has any suggestions or resources, please feel free to kick in. If this works out, maybe I'll get the nerve up to build a Sparmatic....

Attachments

• Madill 044 Plans 005.JPG
    Madill 044 Plans 005.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 2,214
  • Madill 044 Plans 006.JPG
    Madill 044 Plans 006.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,205

Caterpillar941b

Occupation
Logger
Custom plastic high walker U/C,cab riser,old type guarding,roadbuilder fuel tank.Havent got around to the hyd. thumb yet.Tough to find time to do the fun stuff.Model was originally a Yellow 25$ Ros Agri model Hyundai 290.Bic pen springs make good hose guards.
built er just like the hitachi you had eh?

Caterpillar941b

Occupation
Logger
Homemade loader and truck.Loader took 120 hours in1992,truck took 80 to build in1997.Hats off to the wooden toy builders,I cant do wood,if you make a mistake,you start over,Steel toys just get re-cut,welded and a clean up with a grinder, theres much more room for repair and mistakes,which is the only way I can run.
tonka truck wheels lol thats a masive truck even scaled down!

HD Mech

Occupation
Heavy duty mechanic
I have wanted to build a model of a 144 for quite a few years now just not quite sure how to go about it. I have an operators manual that I ended up with at Eve River with some general specs. Other than that just memories from fixing them. Good luck, I hope you take pics as the build goes on, it would be cool to see them. Hint,hint.

[Q
UOTE=jackd;385952]All these great shots of the modelling efforts on the Hayes and Madill threads have got me looking at a project that I started a few years ago. The rainy weather has also driven me indoors to seek other pursuits. I got hold of some basic machine deck plans for a Madill 044 several years ago and started to loft plans for a model of the Y-35 from my M & B Sproat Lake Division days. Life events put the whole thing on hold these last few years

The plans that I purchased are in a 1" to 1' scale and I'm making it somewhat easy on myself by sticking to that for the model. So the real unit is 60' tall and my model will be 60" tall when done. A fellow forum Member - DBDLS sent me over 500 pictures of the Y-09 a few years ago and I've sorted through these. Trakloader sent down the manual for the Y-30 - which I copied and am using as a resource. A big thanks goes out to both these people. The plan is make it operable - hopefully by R/C. If anyone has any suggestions or resources, please feel free to kick in. If this works out, maybe I'll get the nerve up to build a Sparmatic....[/QUOTE]

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
The first model I saw built was one of an American line loader built over 30 years ago. A bunch of the guys at Sproat Lake Div. started to throw one together for a retiring operator - Eli Evans. I was into scale boats at the time and they invited me to come have a look. Well, what they built by committee was a very good effort - the plan was to have it powered by barbecue rotisserie motors. I never did see the finished product. It didn't seem that bloody difficult and their's was steel.

So I would suggest that this dream of yours shouldn't be so daunting - start getting together the resources and go from there. My big hold back is time - I finally have the workshop to do it in. I might even have some pics of a 144 in my records.

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
I have wanted to build a model of a 144 for quite a few years now just not quite sure how to go about it. I have an operators manual that I ended up with at Eve River with some general specs. Other than that just memories from fixing them. Good luck, I hope you take pics as the build goes on, it would be cool to see them. Hint,hint.

[Q
UOTE=jackd;385952]All these great shots of the modelling efforts on the Hayes and Madill threads have got me looking at a project that I started a few years ago. The rainy weather has also driven me indoors to seek other pursuits. I got hold of some basic machine deck plans for a Madill 044 several years ago and started to loft plans for a model of the Y-35 from my M & B Sproat Lake Division days. Life events put the whole thing on hold these last few years

The plans that I purchased are in a 1" to 1' scale and I'm making it somewhat easy on myself by sticking to that for the model. So the real unit is 60' tall and my model will be 60" tall when done. A fellow forum Member - DBDLS sent me over 500 pictures of the Y-09 a few years ago and I've sorted through these. Trakloader sent down the manual for the Y-30 - which I copied and am using as a resource. A big thanks goes out to both these people. The plan is make it operable - hopefully by R/C. If anyone has any suggestions or resources, please feel free to kick in. If this works out, maybe I'll get the nerve up to build a Sparmatic....
[/QUOTE]

I am by no means a expert but I may be able to suggest some places to look for gear motors and other RC related parts. Heres a link to some of my builds...https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?30103-My-scratch-built-RC-s

Reg

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic

I am by no means a expert but I may be able to suggest some places to look for gear motors and other RC related parts. Heres a link to some of my builds...https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?30103-My-scratch-built-RC-s

Reg[/QUOTE]

So where might these sources for sprockets/gear motors and other related parts be? Any online sites that you recommend for info to make the whole process easier for a novice?

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
I buy most of my gearmotors, speed controls and servos from here http://www.robotshop.com/ca/. They are in Canada, have been good to deal with and have a growing selection of stuff. This is another popular one but I have no personal experience with them, http://www.servocity.com/html/servos___accessories.html. McMaster Carr is also a good place to search for small fasteners,bearings, chain and sprockets and so on. There is also many different forums to search, http://rctruckandconstruction.com/ is my personal favorite. It has quite a few Island guys on it(RCLogger, Steamer, Tracksntreadslou and myself to name a few) and is growing rapidly. Feel free to ask me any questions. Like I said before I am definately not an expert but if I can help out I will try!

Reg

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
I buy most of my gearmotors, speed controls and servos from here http://www.robotshop.com/ca/. They are in Canada, have been good to deal with and have a growing selection of stuff. This is another popular one but I have no personal experience with them, http://www.servocity.com/html/servos___accessories.html. McMaster Carr is also a good place to search for small fasteners,bearings, chain and sprockets and so on. There is also many different forums to search, http://rctruckandconstruction.com/ is my personal favorite. It has quite a few Island guys on it(RCLogger, Steamer, Tracksntreadslou and myself to name a few) and is growing rapidly. Feel free to ask me any questions. Like I said before I am definately not an expert but if I can help out I will try!

Reg

Thank you for the links and related info. I just moved back to the Island and I'm quite sure that you will be hearing from me directly as I make progress on my 044. It's good to hear that there are several individuals involved in this hobby over here. I'm presently looking for a drafting table for my den. A small lathe/milling machine combo is also on my want list. I have to get the motorbike winter project out of the way first...