• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Thought yall might like these BIG ONES

HeyUvaVT

Precision Heavy Haul does some crazy things...I can't even imagine the logistics that goes into moving something that size on public highways...and I bet they dont do it for Fuel Costs either! :notworthy

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
One truck driver with many years of experience imagine what would happen do the driveline of the truck if you blew a shift with that kind of weight :eek:

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Had a guy at work about a month ago pulling a B train tank full of liquid cow poop trying to make a shift up a steep offramp of a barge why he was trying to shift was beyond me. Heard a snap and the intermediate driveshaft rolling down the hill :Banghead

What a pain had to have a winch truck pull him out of the way hook another tractor under the tanks.

We have had lots of oversized stuff come through my famillies freight terminal all stuff similar to what Lashlander does. Never had a digital camera back in the late eighties. With there being no scales here the loggers get away with murder loading stuff onto lowbeds that is way over weight.

No need to strip the machine down aslong its under 13'6" some of the machines are 125 ton like this machine that used to be loaded onto a tandem axle truck single axle jeep triaxle lowbed. They do have to strip boom off because of length.

www.madillequipment.com/PDF_ Files/Brochures/Madill 124 Swing Yarder Brochure.pdf

thejdman04

Id love to haul that stuff, until they get into the tight turns. Ive seen it done w/steerable jeeps not all that bad.

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
Thanks for the cool pictures.
Shifting under a heavy load can be problematic. U joints are usually the first to go. I know when I am loaded heavy and going up a hill in low range, I use my jake to slow the engine down fast enough I can catch a smooth shift. In some situations, that is the only way I can make the shift because it takes the big diesel too long to decrease rpms without the jake on. I have yet to break something, but I know it happens to the best of them sometimes.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
And a pop quiz to make sure yall are paying attention. :yup

Who makes this truck?
No, I don't know the answer. :confused:

mining2_big.jpg
link

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Countryboy, any other photos to give us a better clue?

Sorry, thats the only one I got. The only thing I can offer is that it is listed under the mining section on the site. Thats why I was wondering who made it so I could find some more pictures. :yup

wrenchbender

And a pop quiz to make sure yall are paying attention. :yup

Who makes this truck?
No, I don't know the answer. :confused:

View attachment 3535
link

I don't know either but is that a BULL DOG on the hood? And the badge looks a little like maybe a WHITE badge.The truck sorta looks like an old Diamond Reo or AutoCar:confused: Anyway I like the looks of it:thumbsup But it proly ain't from around here.

Last edited:

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Here we go this is a Mack off Highway

Attachments

• file355Mack (5).jpg
    file355Mack (5).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,790

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
That orange Mack looks like it has a V-12 KTA cummins in it most of the old offroad Mack logging trucks had them.