• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tl26

bwallace

Good evening. I have a 95 model TL26 that the left track quit pulling. Left me going in circles! I have checked Joystick valve and it is working normal. I have watched the lines from the joystick get pressure when I operate the stick. Machine is jacked up so I can run and search for the culprit. Any help would be much appreciated.

mikebramel

Do the high pressure lines between the transmission and motor have any movement when the "pressure" is applied?
Can you cap the ports that would run to the drive motor on the transmission and run a stall test?
If there is no pressure capped off, you have a bad pump or bad pump drive. If the pressure pulls the engine down you probably have a bad motor, bad motor splines, or some mechanical power transmission failue

bwallace

ok, I have no pressure coming from the tandem pump that drives the left side track motor. the pump is a Sumitomo Eaton. Model #SP3434-515, serial #1194566622. I have removed the complete pump assembly to search for the damage. However I do not see anything obvious that would make this easy. So I must assume at this point that there is wear perhaps on the internal parts.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Quite possible a sheared shaft/gear key internally, no way you can put enough pressure on it to see that. I would haul it to a hydraulics shop and go from there.

bwallace

That may be what I have to do, may disassemble the P1 housing assembly and check for broken parts. Thanks for the reply!