• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Tracked Jaw Crusher

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums BLASZER! :drinkup

Flash2004

Occupation
Boss
Probably well out of date and far too late, but for the job you describe i'd prescribe any Nordberg LT100 - LT110 - LT125 - LT140 or LT 160 tracked mobile. They are the best hard rock crusher you'll find in my experience and that experience has all come out of my own pocket. Pity I don't have one right now actually. As for the Pegson/Terex models, they will do the job but only at about half the production per hour of the Nordberg (now Metso) cheers,

Sharky

We had an EXTEC for years, very good crusher IMO. Today, I tried out the Komatsu B380. Mild rock, and kept the hopper full all day. Averaged about 230-250 tph with no jams. 4.5'' jaw run. Nice little crusher, but unless You have a shot that came out "Real nice" I would prefer a bigger jaw. 22x44 and just not quite big enough for this pit. :Banghead

Tracked crushers are very convient for "In and out" jobs. quick setup and low maintenance, so long as they are newer. They will pay for themselves over a shorter time.

This is the Extec 36x42''

Attachments

• Hawk Inlet 436.jpg
    Hawk Inlet 436.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,109

Flash2004

Occupation
Boss
The BR380JG is one of the best crushers money can buy for its weight in my opinion, and I've owned two of them now. The narrowness of the jaw opening is its only flaw and instead of 22" I wish Komatsu had made them 24" which would have made all the difference. I know your blast needs to be good and that bigger would always be better but this is one of the few crushers of its class that can take a reasonable rock and turn it into 2" or less in only one pass with a good flow rate still. I ran one of ours at 2" OSS and had 85% passing through a 30mm screen. I think that's about 1 1/4". No Extec could do that.

I'd buy any BR380JG I could find from anywhere so let me know if you have one available or know of one please?

Sharky

Fed the 380 all day today also, and I have to agree, it's a nice jaw but definetely needs a bit bigger mouth. I was around the Extec for a couple years, so something new is always different.

Kept if full all day and at the end of a 9 1/2 hr shift we averaged 265 tph. More than I figured we would see. 4.5'' came out to about 6'' minus rock overall. I like the "Auto" feed on the grizzly much better to control flow into the jaw. It beats having to always have to be stopping the feeder all the time to let the rock digest.

As far as for sale? Not sure. We are renting this one from a guy who just bought it. He is a "Small time" contractor with a new toy. It still has less than 100 hours on it. I am still wearing the paint off inside the hopper.

How much do they run new? Found a few used ones for sale on the net.

All in all, a nice machine for its size so far. Time will tell.

Flash2004

Occupation
Boss
I'm wondering if at 4.5" you're possibly not getting the best out of the BR380? If you're secondary crushing with another machine you might try tightening it a little to ease the flow through the secondary without slowing the 380? We need to remember the Japanese crushers are designed primarily to be a "one stop shop" (primary and secondary in one unit) and so the jaw geometry really lends itself to smaller gap settings than those crusher designed to be strictly primaries. You might find you can close to 3" OSS and not damage your flow much at all.
As with all things, dealers sell for whatever they can get so there may be no such thing as a set price for new units and individual state taxes can vary. My understanding is an end user with $350,000 should be able to buy a new fully optioned unit with warranty etc..

Sharky

We are just using the jaw run material with no secondary crushing required. 6'' is the spec, but if I went above 4 1/2'' the flat stuff came out a bit bigger than was acceptable for the project.

With the Extec, we always ran it through the pegson cone and then through the Extec screen plant when crushing D-1 (3/4'' minus) C-1 (1 1/2'' Minus) or whatever processed product we were making.

Back to the 380, had a decent day and averaged 285 tph over a 10 hr shift. I think that is about the max we are going to get for the material at hand. I plugged it once, but it is bound to happen on occasion.

Just out of curiosity, does everyone else build a bench similar to how our Extec pictured is set up, Either feeding a secondary device or even just doing jaw run? Reason I ask, is over the years, we found this to be much more feasible to crush like this. Larger processed material pile, not having the loader lifting into the headpulley, time for the loader hand to "Check out the plant" etc.. Just wondering if everyone else does it similar? Most of the pics I see have them set up on flat ground at a low elevation. :Banghead

Flash2004

Occupation
Boss
Probably the siting method is dictated by the source. Here in NZ most is sourced from river flats where its excavated from under ground level. If you take a look at the BR550JG on my web site you'll see the average installation.

In reality the 'mobileness' is a bit of a misnomer in my experience. They all seem to start out with the best intentions of following the excavator and windrowing the product, but after bending the conveyor taildrum a few times running over rocks on the pit floor many end up back in a central location. I see that a lot in Japan too.

hvy 1ton

On the flatland jobs you can't really bench up the crushers, but when they are crushing cuts into hills for roads they will bench up the hoe and crusher. Saw something new couple of weeks ago on the way to KC. There was a pipe crew last week that was using a track crusher to make a windrow. They had one hoe sitting of the pile rock feeding the crusher and then a second hoe sitting on the windrow of crush loading end dumps.

If at track crusher is going to stay relatively stationary, i have seen a couple of company's crush some rock us and build a bench out of that to get the conveyor up in the air. I have also seen a few using small stackers if they are going to be moving around the jobsite a lot.

When i was little, 5-6 i got to watch Hamm making a cut for K-10 bypass using 2 track loaders and a track crusher. There wasn't enough room for wheel loaders to make a turn, so they had a 973 with a side dump bucket loading the crusher.

I guess the operators didn't like the side dump very much, so they did a lot of turning on the rock. After destroying a set of tracks the way only a track loader in shot rock can, the foreman got on them. One of the operators got kicked to the landfill pushing trash.

Another 973/963(can't remember) was loading trucks that hauled back(<.5mi) to a mobile plant secondary crusher and screens. They used most of the rock in their mobile asphalt plant, to pave the road, and the rest was sold through the aggregate side. They only had just the one track crusher at the time, so they had to seperate the primary and secondary crushing anyway. One plus was they only had to move the crusher and two trackies every time they did a shot. Downside was all the trucking, but it had to get to the plant sooner or later, and diesel was cheap in the 90's.

Flash2004

Occupation
Boss
Yes, we use a 65' (20m) 900mm wide tracked transfer conveyor from the 550 for a decent stockpile or to feed the Komatsu BM3618S screener for splitting off the gabion rock or riprap.

OhioCATBrent

Check out www.irockcrushers.com or screenmachine Inc. both of these products were started by gents that used to work in Dublin on Terex. They got away from the brand name and got more "Family owned" type of service, labor and a better engineered product. IROCK makes a crusher called Magnum that does 550tph...pretty slick and portable.

zoneding

Banned
Good new, a new type jaw crusher has just been producede by Zoneding Machine:pEV series of European Jaw Crusher .
absorbing world advanced technology, bases on our present traditional jaw crusher, and adopts three-dimensional design theory. Comparing with traditional jaw crusher, it has larger capacity and crushing ratio, bigger range of input size, evener product size, and easier maintenance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flash2004

Occupation
Boss
Clown

Good new, a new type jaw crusher has just been producede by Zoneding Machine:pEV series of European Jaw Crusher .
absorbing world advanced technology, bases on our present traditional jaw crusher, and adopts three-dimensional design theory. Comparing with traditional jaw crusher, it has larger capacity and crushing ratio, bigger range of input size, evener product size, and easier maintenance.

If you took the time to read this thread you'd see it was about 21st century technology, tracked mobile crushers and not some c****** built piece of junk Zoneding? So you copied a European design but did you copy their metallurgy? Do you even know how? Can you buy a bearing in your supply area which will not fail within 2 years of normal work and use it in your copy crusher? Have you ever crushed a rock? Has your copyright infringing designer ever crushed a rock? Geddoutta here. Take your spam to some place where quality doesn't mean a damn thing and neither does reliablity or performance.