• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

TRI axle dump truck

cfherrman

I'm going to find a 2000 cc 600 HP hall Scott and toss it in a new semi and show up all those diesel truckers that have to fill def all the time.

Truck Shop

One thing that helps out with the L9000's is that a lot of the cab parts are common Ford stuff. Blower motor resistor, High beam switch, ect I have sourced by thinking 1980's Ford pickup, and digging around finding stuff. It is a pain, but the magic wand that was supposed to turn my L9000 into a Peterbilt malfunctioned and left me stuck . . .
That's true, but it was also part of Ford's down fall using stuff rate for automotive in a truck.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
That's true, but it was also part of Ford's down fall using stuff rate for automotive in a truck.

Well, at any rate, I am a Ford [pickup] guy, but the only reason I have an L9000 is because I got the one I have for $7500 as a clean, straight cab and chassis spec'd as a dump with a good running Cat 3406. I had a good box off a junker with a blown L10 already, so here we are . . .

Truck Shop

When it's a good buy no reason to pass on it.
Well, at any rate, I am a Ford [pickup] guy, but the only reason I have an L9000 is because I got the one I have for $7500 as a clean, straight cab and chassis spec'd as a dump with a good running Cat 3406. I had a good box off a junker with a blown L10 already, so here we are . . .

Old Doug

One thing that helps out with the L9000's is that a lot of the cab parts are common Ford stuff. Blower motor resistor, High beam switch, ect I have sourced by thinking 1980's Ford pickup, and digging around finding stuff. It is a pain, but the magic wand that was supposed to turn my L9000 into a Peterbilt malfunctioned and left me stuck . . .
When i was working on a lot of ford trucks i didnt have much trouble getting parts . I got most of them through Midway Ford . The pickups are another story or nightmare . I never under stood how Ford ran a assmbly line without building stuff with interchangeable parts ?

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
Not a Tri Axle but it is a 1994 LTL for sale for the meager price of $48,500.
View attachment 287814View attachment 287815
Where is that? I swear I saw that truck at an auction in Wisconsin a couple years ago. I think it was together with a float trailer.

I remember it sold for big money, at least considering it was in a line with a bunch of clapped out dump trucks and such.

mike holcomb

I was told the ford front suspension parts were hard to come by, spring hangers, bushings and what not. Thats what my buddy told me who parked his. I'd try to find a 98-03 T800 with a c15 that's been taken care of.

terex herder

I have a 06 Sterling, after Freightliner took over the trucks. Lots of interior parts still have Ford logo on the back. Worst plastic parts I have ever seen. Dash is all cracked and broken. It's a common problem. I'm thinking of buying one of the aftermarket fiberglass dashes before it completely disintegrates.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I have a 06 Sterling, after Freightliner took over the trucks. Lots of interior parts still have Ford logo on the back. Worst plastic parts I have ever seen. Dash is all cracked and broken. It's a common problem. I'm thinking of buying one of the aftermarket fiberglass dashes before it completely disintegrates.
One of our Sterlings has a brace from the floor to the dash to hold it up. It's a strait truck tandem dump. There is a spare tractor with a 380 cat, They use it on the water tank a lot on road jobs for compaction and dust control. Friggen thing will turn on a dime

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Not a Tri Axle but it is a 1994 LTL for sale for the meager price of $48,500.
View attachment 287814View attachment 287815
All it needs is some spoke wheels, a louisville hood (and I mean the old one with the ford letters, not the oval) and a pair of those rectangular fuel tanks with the cutout step and built in battery box. A 290 cummins, and 10 speed

cfherrman

I would like to get all the l10, m11, and N14 I can get my hands on, unfortunately I'm broke as well. What you got?