• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Trimble GCSFlex

tylermckee

Anyone out there running or know anyone with this system? Looks like a decen low priced system for smaller contractor to get into GPS. I like the fact that the system is semi portable meaning I could switch between machine depending on what kind of job I'm at. Currently doing everything with limited staking and a flat plane laser and grade stick.

grunk36

Occupation
trainer/technical support with TRIMBLE/SITECH denm
it is a great system placed in the big gap between 3D and 2D the biggest advantage in the GCSflex is that you can creat alignments with allmost within a square km and then create a profile and attach to the alignment and after that you can dig and grade anywhere on the alignment without having to bench on ground or from a laser..just remember that you cannot put in any 3D designs in this or log productiondata it.. our customers like the idea of this too..any questions just let me know
Anyone out there running or know anyone with this system? Looks like a decen low priced system for smaller contractor to get into GPS. I like the fact that the system is semi portable meaning I could switch between machine depending on what kind of job I'm at. Currently doing everything with limited staking and a flat plane laser and grade stick.

KyleM

Occupation
GPS and Technology Manager
Also, GCSFlex is now upgradeable to full GPS which makes it a very reasonable way to get into the machine control market and still maintaining the ability to upgrade to full functionality later.

Chad@SitechTR

We have actually done a couple demos with the Flex system. I believe it is somewhere around $12-14,0000 range. It's a pretty neat system. We see it being good for smaller to medium size contractors that aren't quite ready for GPS. You can dig depth, depth and slope, or do a profile with it. It's pretty simple to set up and get going. Just have to take a little time to measure it up well to be as accurate as possible.

jhark123

It looks great to me for pipe work and cutting building pads/septic trenches with an excavator. I would want a full 3d system for grading work

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
Old thread I know, but... Saw a mid ex (8T class) recently listed for sale with a note it included GCSFlex system. What would the $$ investment be on that system today? How many different systems are there with that same basic name?

ScottAR

Any Youtube watchers here might want to look at Dirt Ninja's videos on the 2d flex and 3d flex. It's a decent overview on what one can do with both setups.

Karaya

H.O. Penn held a showcase where they showed off some of the systems for grade control: https://www.constructionequipmentguide.com/ho-penn-holds-technology-and-equipment-showcase/39930

I think Trimble pretty much has the market for grade control technology. I can't think of any alternatives.

Slightly off-topic, but I just saw an article about engcon and Trimble releasing a feature that automatically keeps excavator buckets at the correct angle. It's supposed to be available some time this month: https://www.constructionequipmentgu...-for-increased-efficiency-profitability/42587

I hope that becomes a widespread thing.

I have never heard of a Midex 8t, so I can't directly answer your question. I can say that a good, easy-to-use grade control system saves a lot of time and money.

fourwheel1

Occupation
excavating & farming
I've been looking at idigbest setup, seems to be great system that can b built on later... Looks to b geared toward excavators more than grading machines

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
Would like some feedback from anyone with the I dig best system