• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Type of oil required for this motor

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . I reckon it would Garrie. I have a couple of them (16HP single?) at the golf club up here at Miriam Vale and they don't seem too fussy. I put them onto Shell Rimula way back and one of them has well over seven thousand hours.

Some of the manufacturers specify straight (not multigrade) for aircooled engines but I dunno, all my stuff runs on diesel oil and (touch wood) I have never had any problems.

Cheers.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
API CJ4 (15W-40 diesel oil) wouldn't be my first choice for small air cooled engine. I would prefer API SF/SG/SJ 20W-50 oil, standard dino or synthetic is your choice, because the additives and viscosity range in this API spec are more suitable for the high temps and pressure of small air cooled engine. :)

storm56

Yair . . . I reckon it would Garrie. I have a couple of them (16HP single?) at the golf club up here at Miriam Vale and they don't seem too fussy. I put them onto Shell Rimula way back and one of them has well over seven thousand hours.

Some of the manufacturers specify straight (not multigrade) for aircooled engines but I dunno, all my stuff runs on diesel oil and (touch wood) I have never had any problems.

Cheers.

I with Scrub Puller on this one. Use Shell Rotella in everything from diesels to motorcycles and in 20 years I have yet to have a problem.