• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Used Fuel Tank Underground

mpatterson557

I know this is slightly off topic, but here it is. Does anyone know where to find used underground fuel tanks? Where should I start looking?
Or Suggestions for the following:
Need 22000 to 50000 Gallon water storage capacity underground. only have about 6000 to 10000 for the tank or tanks.

monkey

I would guess you are looking for something like this? think it's 10,000 gallons, fiberglass. Where to purchase them, I don't really know, I got this one free, just to get it out of a guys yard :) I use it to run the sprinklers on my race track. It was a much cheaper than putting in a large enough well to supply the necessary volume and pressure of water needed for the sprinkler heads. I just fill the tank up using a the same well that my home uses....it takes about 30 hours to fill it
you planning on water storage for fire suppression ??

Attachments

• tank attachment.jpg
    tank attachment.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 2,242
Last edited:

monkey

don't know, maybe watch Iron Planet
here's a tank that went for 3700.00 42'x8' on wheels

the cheapest route is going to be if you can be somewhat creative....to buy new is going to be pretty expensive

looks like maybe 6-7000 dollars for new 10,000 gallon fiberglass tanks.....couldn't find many on-line prices to really get a better idea

Attachments

• water tank.jpg
    water tank.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 2,197

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
what would a cast in-situ tank cost?.....................

Turbo21835

You are going to have a difficult time finding a used fuel tank. I work with them all the time, and if we are digging one up, it is because it leaked, or is close to leaking. The project specifications usually state we have to dispose of a tank properly. In the case of a steel tank, we vent the tank, then cut a hole in it, once it is cleaned it goes to the scrap yard. In the case of a fiberglass tank, it is vented, cut, cleaned and sent to a landfill.