• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Vibratory Roller setup from Ritchie Brothers Suihe

mach1ne

I bought a vibratory roller from Ritchie Brothers. It's a Suihe brand. On the sides it says that you need to put gear oil in it. Around 3.6L. I cannot find anywhere to put the oil. Has anyone purchased these before? Does anyone know where to put this oil? Any other things that should be set up on there to get it ready for use?
Roller 1.jpg
Roller 2.jpg

Tags

Should be a plug in the center of the exciter shaft. At least that was the way it was on a paladin brand. Those are a great attachment in theory, but they tend to ruin the seals and drain all the oil out into the center of the roller, thus not letting you know it’s leaking, by the time you realize it, it’s too late and you’ll toast the bearings and probably the exciter shaft. Not a cheap repair.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums M1! Glad to have you.

As Tags said there should be a plug somewhere on one end of the drum/exciter shaft to put oil in.

Also as Tags said they are great in theory however we did not have good service out a Bobcat brand we bought back in the mid 2000's. The problem we had was keeping the outer bearings, the ones between the drum and the rigid outer frame, operational. When running it don't put any down pressure on the attachment and let if float. In our experience with the Bobcat brand any down pressure killed the outer bearings.

Finally got tired of replacing the bearings and the BC roller attachment went in the back of flatbed truck we sold on Iron Planet with some other junk. Now we use remote controlled trench rollers and even with their issues are a better alternative IMO. YMMV.

What do plan to use it for?

mach1ne

She I was able to find a website and contact them. Surprisingly they got back to me with a manual. Kind of short one but at least something. I did end up finding the hole where the oil should go into and the rep told me that I should put 1.6L in each side.

Here’s the website I found the contact info at. I talked with Amy.

Attachments

• Vibratory-Roller-Manual.pdf
    671 KB · Views: 16

mach1ne

Welcome to the Forums M1! Glad to have you.

As Tags said there should be a plug somewhere on one end of the drum/exciter shaft to put oil in.

Also as Tags said they are great in theory however we did not have good service out a Bobcat brand we bought back in the mid 2000's. The problem we had was keeping the outer bearings, the ones between the drum and the rigid outer frame, operational. When running it don't put any down pressure on the attachment and let if float. In our experience with the Bobcat brand any down pressure killed the outer bearings.

Finally got tired of replacing the bearings and the BC roller attachment went in the back of flatbed truck we sold on Iron Planet with some other junk. Now we use remote controlled trench rollers and even with their issues are a better alternative IMO. YMMV.

What do plan to use it for?
I plan to use it for a little bit of grading for a back yard patio. I might also pave a part of our driveway. But from it sounds like, maybe I should just sell it and rent a compactor plate

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I plan to use it for a little bit of grading for a back yard patio. I might also pave a part of our driveway. But from it sounds like, maybe I should just sell it and rent a compactor plate

Should be fine with that.

We were using that one commercially and using it hard. Building a 60+ unit townhome project with 30 or so of the units having main level garages with a full basement below (10' poured walls). We filled each garage with dirt in addition to the foundations on all 30. We got almost through the project before the first bearing blow out. After the first repair at the Bobcat dealer the breakdown frequency just increased.

Does that unit have any grease fittings for the bearings or are they sealed?

I would use it for what you bought it for. What kind of SSL/CTL are you using it on?

mach1ne

Should be fine with that.

We were using that one commercially and using it hard. Building a 60+ unit townhome project with 30 or so of the units having main level garages with a full basement below (10' poured walls). We filled each garage with dirt in addition to the foundations on all 30. We got almost through the project before the first bearing blow out. After the first repair at the Bobcat dealer the breakdown frequency just increased.

Does that unit have any grease fittings for the bearings or are they sealed?

I would use it for what you bought it for. What kind of SSL/CTL are you using it on?
I found a grease fitting on the opposite side of the motor. Couldn’t find one on the side of the motor though. it also takes 1.6 L of gear oil on each side. for some reason can’t find a grease fitting for the bearing on the side of the motor. what’s SSL/CTL?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
There should be a grease fitting on both sides or at least the BC version I had did.

SSL - Skid steer loader
CTL - compact track loader

Basically same machine SSL/wheels and CTL/tracks.

mach1ne

There should be a grease fitting on both sides or at least the BC version I had did.

SSL - Skid steer loader
CTL - compact track loader

Basically same machine SSL/wheels and CTL/tracks.
Hmm.. I'll have to dig around a little bit more. The one on the opposite side of the gearbox is kind of hidden in the back. I think this one is probably too. I have a 2011 Bobcat T190