• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo ec-35 hydraulic pump

marquis

Hi guys, I have a Volvo EC 35. I’ve just done a filter change on the hydraulics but the pump still seems to be cavitating and what sounds like starving for oil I’m wondering is there a pick up screen in the tank somewhere in between the pump, and the tank?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
According to the schematic, there is no screen. Is the filter from Volvo have you bled the pump.
Kind regards
Uffex

marquis

No how do I bleed the pump? I just started it and ran all the cylinders in and out. But still sounds like I hear air cavitating.

marquis

I’m not sure I know how to believe the pump other than to run the machine and move the cylinders in and out and walk it

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Loosen the delivery line and crank the motor with the stop engaged, your post raises an number of questions:-
Did the pump noise exist prior to filter change?
Do you have the removed filter to refit and check?
Is there any evidence of fluid foaming?
Any repair defect history you may not have mentioned?
Kind regards
Uffex