• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L120E transmission

oz2255

Has anybody had problems with Vovo L120E transmissions disengaging and engaging while working the machine? Display is showing normal transmission pressure. The machine starts out fine and starts acting up after about a half hour of working. Fluid level is fine and the filter has been changed. Help!

wildhorse trnr

Occupation
Field Technician
Have you verified pressures including lube after it is warmed up?
Also, leave the guages connected while operating and check for pressure spik/drop during diengagement.
I had 1 do this last summer but it also had some electrical issues and needed a mode selector switch.

wildhorse trnr

Occupation
Field Technician
On the mounting bracket for the wiring harness(on the transmission), the harness had been "twisted" in such a manner that it had begun rubbing against the side of the transmission as it went to the solenoids. I repaired the rub spots, straightened the wires and resecured them, then replaced the selector switch. After 1/2 hour of no problems I returned it to the operator and waited another 1/2 hour, I have not had to go back yet.
On another unit at the same plant, I had 1 that was moving only a few feet then stopping and giving a low pressure warning, I verified with a manual guage(best for transmission work as you can watch for needle bounce if you have a clutch pack problem), I was getting only 8-11 psi of lube pressure, VOLVO warranted the unit and that was the resolution to the problem on that unit.