• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L150E transmission trouble

steviebilt

Good day, I have an L150E wheel loader with transmission issues. It started when I one day I drove it across the yard and went to move a bucket load of snow. Everything was normal until I went to back up and it wouldn’t move. When you shift into any gear, you can hear the transmission sound like it is shifting g into gear but won’t move. The shift solenoids all ohm out to spec but one thing I found was from terminal to terminal voltage to the shift solenoids is only 16-17 volts. Positive to hard ground is 24v. I have cleaned all visible grounds but i am leaning towards ecm issues. All tech support available to me cannot provide me a pin out of the ecm to be able to troubleshoot if that is the problem. Any help or advice with this would be greatly appreciated. Just to add also, I have found that with the aps switch in service, the loader will move in 4th gear.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
See the attached docs. Slide the seat forward, remove the back panel cover. Find connector TA. Observing the atteched schematic for solenoids ohm out each solenoid individually from connector TA. Each solenoid should be 20-23 ohms.
Attached is also the VECU inputs from gear selector and lever carrier. Check the solenoids first, they are the most common point of failure.

Attachments

• 1685487970271_L150E elec dist panel.pdf
    503.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1685487966410_L150E shift sol.pdf
    383.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1685487961965_L150E shift lever lever carrier.pdf
    205.8 KB · Views: 9