• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L70 Exhaust Leak

karlbradshaw

Hi all, I previously posted about thread sizes for the exhaust manifold as I was missing a couple of bolts and thought that was where my exhaust leak was coming from.

I've since discovered its not the manifold leaking but some where else around the back of the head (it's hard to see).
I think it's behind the water pump. Just wondered if anything common on these first before I take it too bits. The water is OK with no gas blowing into it and the machine is not down on power, just an annoying manifold tick.

IMG_2468.jpg

karlbradshaw

It's looking like the head gasket has blown at the back. It's not emulsified the oil and the water isn't contaminated either. Does anyone if this is likely, ie. the just the exhaust gas blowing out with no other problems. It's not missing or anything, running fine apart from the exhaust blow noise.