• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo L70 Intermitant Brake Failure

kmbrad

Hi All

Every so often I get brake failure on my L70 loader. The gauge drops to zero and the pedal has nothing. After a while (sometimes a day) the gauge will rise again and we have a pedal.

I think they're hydraulically ran, but wouldn't have a clue where to start. Obviously something sticking somewhere. Anyone got a clue?

Cheers

Karl

Ryan151

So many electronics on a volvo its stupid. Could be a electric valve somewhere or a wire or a solenoid or you might actually have a mechanical problem. Call the dealer or start tracking the system wires etc and try to find it. You gotta know how those systems work or you'll be lost

zlssefi

What year is your volvo? it could be air over hydraulic brakes in which it could be a simple air problem....