• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

VOLVO L70 LOADER BRAKE ISSUES

DAVEWHEAT

I HAVE A VOLVO L70 LOADER WITH BRAKES HANKING UP. I CAN'T FIND THE MASTER CYLINDER, WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE SEPARATE FROM THE OTHER HYDRAULIC SYSTEM. I REMOVED THE PARKING BRAKE FROM THE DRIVESHAFT TO MAKE SURE THAT WASN'T THE PROBLEM. THE ENGINE HAS TO BE REVVED UP THO GET THEMACHINE TO MOVE, THEN WHEN YOU LET OFF THE ACCELERATOR, THE MACHINE COMES TO A STOP[. ANY IDEAS?

DAVEWHEAT

Thanks for responding. It is a Volvo/Michigan with unknown hours. I saw some info about it might actually be a transmission issue associated with the automatic shifting. I checked the controller unit behind the fuse panel and found seven wires that had about two inches of the insulation gone by the plug, with some touching others. Since the insulation was missing all the way to the connector, I cut the wires back to were the insulation was good, then used heat shrink on the bare wires and then spliced them back together with heat shrink butt connectors. This took care of the shorted out wires and seemed to help immensely with what seemed to be a brake issue. I haven't had time to use it much since fixing the wires, but it is definitely better.