• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Volvo TD45B engine help

kmbrad

Hi

My L70 loader is leaking oil from the front crank seal. It's a TD45B. Just wondering if anyone knows how to change it? Not sure if comes out from the front once the crank pulley is off or if if knocks out from behind and you have to take the timing cover off to change it?

Any help would be appreciated as I can't find a workshop manual anywhere.

Cheers

Karl

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I honestly don't know but you could search the seal & look AT IT..
Hopefully it WONT have an outside lip & you can get it from the front..
Good luck.

Volvomad

From memory (not a very good one ) ,I think it is a bog standard lip seal and will come out without removing the timing cover .
Did the fan belts kill it ?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
iirc, the pulley is on a polygon hub kinda like a wankle rotor. It's a tight fit, pressed on/off, then yer seal is accessible from front. Doing it in frame is loads of fun. Did an L90 years back. Left a lot of knucle skin in the a/c condensor