• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Wanted: Looking to buy a international T340 dozer

Welder Dave

It seems like a mini-ex might be best type of machine for you. Can you rent a larger one than what you have with steel tracks?

topgut

Yes I can rent a mini EX or a dozer for a few days. I think that might be the better option unless I get a crazy deal on a T340. Or a JD350.

Tyler d4c

You probably want to avoid a t340 dad had one when he started near 50 years ago they bought some of the last undercarriage berco had made to fit them

Delmer

The gas engines of those days were basically reliable if you can take care of points and condensers. The diesels were not fully developed in IH at that time. This small crawler was not fully developed, a rather poor adaptation of a farm tractor to fill a need that was replaced with other machines shortly after. You might find a gas or diesel crawler that works fine for you. But a t340 is not something I'd search out.

TomA

Td 340 is a poorly designed machine. Most have steering problems. Cute with a Drott but piece of crap. Oliver OC 3 or 4 much better if you can find one.

epirbalex

Occupation
peasant
Thanks TomA. Why is a OC4 better? Im watching for one of those also.
I've owned and operated a TD5 , very capable little dozer . New in 1963 mine in 1980 . OC3 does not even compare to either the TD5 or the petrol version you are looking at . The steering is quite modern for the age of those dozers being the clutch on the first part of the leaver pull then engaging the brake further back . It has to be adjusted just right or will cause wear to bot the brake and the clutch . These little Inters are easy to work with and repair . Main clutch was a foot pedal on mine . What it come to is whats left in the tracks . The T340 would be bigger than the OC4 by 10 HP , a lot when at that size .

topgut

Hi fellas,
I settled for a Terratrac GT25 I found within a reasonable drive and I towed it home with my trailer and and F150. It has a hydraulic 3PT hitch and a standard PTO. BUT......no dozer blade. It does have a single hydraulic cylinder up front for lifting a snow plow, which came with it. So, for the short run I will get a heavy blade and make it work for me and my small jobs. It runs and operates very well for a 73 year old time capsule find. Thanks have a good day.

Welder Dave

Do the arms on the sides with the pins move up and down hydraulically? If so you may be able to mount some lift arms off a tractor on the lower pivots and kind of make 3pt. hitch. Then you could adapt a rear blade, box blade or land plane.

topgut

Yes the upper arms do have a hydraulic cylinder lift. The cylinder is under the seat.
Im going to the local tractor / equip scrap yard soon to get the arms and hopefully a blade off of a ditch witch type machine for the front. Or a mini EX blade or something similar.