• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

Bentsteel

Occupation
Boilermakers local 502
Thanks for the invite : mechanic, composite mold builder 20 years and now currently employed with the union Boilermakers 502 certified high pressure tube welding / rigger 10 year's. I recently bought a 2006 D35 excavator to maintain my 5 acre's and a 1/2 mile of dirt road: John Deere dealer here in Washington state sent me all the Pdf. owner and repair manuals i will be sharing this information also

DD Cincy

I have right around 15 years as a heavy equipment operator. Gained most of my experience while serving as a 12N in the Army. Was an Instructor for 3 years as well. Now I work as a supervisor for a team of Operators. I feel like I am going to be visiting this forum a lot!

ThreeCW

ThreeCW

I am a semi-retired and live on a hobby farm in the Rocky Mountain foothills near Calgary, Alberta. We have owned a New Holland LS160 skid steer since 2003 that we use mainly for handling round bales, plowing snow from our ½ mile gravel driveway and occasionally even moving a little bit of dirt.

We have recently upgraded to a 2006 Cat 242B skid steer which has a little more lift capacity to handle 1500 lb round bales (with 2000 lb rated lift) and a heated cab which I really enjoy when plowing snow. It has taken me a few hours to get used to hand controls (ISO) after using foot controls for 16 years, but I am getting the hang of it now with 10 hrs under my belt. Now to train my wife on hand controls before selling the New Holland. She is also a regular operator of the skid steer on our farm.

The 242B was a bit of a project but we bought it right … only 1800 hrs on it but it was poorly maintained. I’ve probably removed over 5 gallons of dirt from the belly pans, done some catch up routine maintenance, replaced the windshield, re-wheeled it to get enough offset for tire chains and am currently working on repairing a leaking pilot valve (just ordered the O ring kit after disassembling it). I have already benefited from the HEF on my pilot valve repair … thanks to willie59 for his thread on “Repairing a leaking joystick control valve”.

Hobbies include horses, horse camping, automobile / equipment repair and occasionally fly fishing.

I hope to be able to contribute to the HEF where I can.

Regards, ThreeCW

zeek89

Hi everyone. I'm a real estate developer and builder in Ontario Canada. I've got 1000 questions floating around in my head with regards to heavy equipment and earthworks. I'm looking forward to learning lots from everyone and getting to meet many of you!

Cheers

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF zeek89;)! Fire away with those questions. I'm sure we could do a fine job of misleading you......:pLOL

Bajtec

Occupation
IT Architect
Hi All :)
I'm Bart from southern Poland - Somewhat happy owner of Case 580b/CK/unknown hybrid :)

Dannyboy63

H.E.V. (Heavy equipment Virgin) here, so please, be gentle... Had a D6 and an old Cat excavator when I was growing up on the farm 40yrs ago. But recently bought a gray market Komatsu PC-150-3W and an old case 450 track loader with hoe (love that ole girl). Gonna build a house, do my own septic, footers, driveway and road. Looking forward to picking some brains on here!!!

JS Myers

Hey y'all!
Not an equipment owner, but I do have an interest in in the heavy equipment field. About 6 months ago I started working for an attachment manufacturer and came here looking to educate myself as much as possible. I did spend 8 years in a factory putting together track frames, wrapping tracks, mounting main frames to track frames and building booms for the "Big Yellow & Big Orange" (I'm sure y'all can figure that one out).

Y'all have a good forum here, and I'm glad y'all let me be a part of it. Hopefully I can contribute to the community.

Spyros33

Occupation
Mechanical engineer, machine operator
Hi everybody, i have been a member of HEF for a few months now but i havent properly introduced my self.
My name is spyros and i am from Greece. I
Own a kubota kx41 mini excavator, an O&K MH6E wheeled excavator and recently i bought a cat 955L track loader which i am currently working on getting it ready for work.

I am a Mechanical Engineer and i have worked for 10 years in big construction company Where we used to rebuild all kinds of heavy machinery.

This site has allreadu been very helpfull and i hope i can contribute to it.

Old Cats 71

Hi , all new here , have a lot of Older Cats that need some attention D2 D4 D5B Straight Shift, D6C Power Shift, D7E’s Straight Shift Cable to Power Shift , D8H’s Straight Shift to Power Shift..Looking Forward to Learning about these units…