• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Welcome!!!

Adrian J. Hernandez

AJHern

Hello all. Wanted to send a quick intro. My name is AJ and I'm based on Los Angeles. I'm a newer commercial building and general engineering contractor. Background in mechanical engineering. I love construction, machinery and equipment. We currently own a few utility trucks, a Pete 579, end dump trailer, bobcat t650, compactor, international terrastar and some other equipment. We perform various types of work that falls on our lap. We really enjoy the heavier projects early in the phases like site work, underground utilities, concrete and framing. We also do asphalt. All of this has been in the last 3 years so still relatively new to alot of things. Learning as much as I can. Hoping to gain some wisdom here from the more experienced folk. Appreciate the patience ahead of time.

tbsalvagefab

Evening,
Name is Tim, I'm a manufacturing technician by night, mechanic by day.
Been getting dirty "fixing" stuff past 10 ys
I buy junk in my off time and fix/part out what I can. Keep what I can use.
Mostly fabricobble with welding/machining/electrical out of my small shop, run a few diesel trucks, a few forklifts, and a bobcat.
Hope I can do some learning here rather than just lurking
Wanted to say thanks as well for all the information and knowledge here

DaltonB

DaltonB
Ontario, Canada

Hi all… I’ve grown up around heavy equipment, I guess probably started in the operator’s seat at around 8 with my dad. I very quickly broke enough stuff he told me to figure out how to fix it myself, so I did ;-).. then had a few other jobs on a couple local farms and honed my skills a little more during my early teen years(running Case, New Holland, John Deere, Ford, etc..) , then spent a few years as an arborist(running bucket trucks, wood chippers bobcats,etc ) now I’m 20 and back operating for my dad full time( mainly cat equipment, D3, track loaders, excavators, mini ex, etc..) and still learning all I can.. I’m very excited to be a part of this group and learn as much as I can and hopefully share what I’ve learned in my journeys !

thanks all!
Cheers

Ethanm70

Ethan myrda
Nashville, Tennessee

Hi everybody, I’m from the outside trying to get into the heavy equipment world. A little background about myself I’m 19 and work at a international truck dealership as a tech. I’ve been there for almost 2 years. I’m trying to network in this industry so I can be a helper for a independent mobile tech in the middle Tennessee area while I also work at the truck dealer. I’m not afraid to get dirty or work 80+ hours between both jobs. I just wanna be able to fix anything heavy duty and have all the knowledge my head can take.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums E70! Glad to have you!

A young person having an interest in the HE world is a breath of fresh air. We have many experienced mechanics of all types here on the board that can provide some great career advice. I'm just a part time administrator here on HEF and a 1/2 assed contractor so I don't have much to offer career wise.:D

Nashville is Booming - Good luck!

DCT

Occupation
Logger
DCT
Springfield, Oregon

Spent most my life logging except for a 14yr break to run 988 feeding a portable rock crusher as well as doing a large amount of the maintenance and now for the last year have owned my own logging company.

Boreal

Boreal
Finland, MN

I run a '12 CAT 252B3 mostly with a Erskin blower and 10' plow for snow clearing. We get about 150" in a season. In the warmer months, I'm running a rake grapple, brush mower, and gravel bucket for maintaining 2 miles of road and land clearing. I love running my CAT and look to maybe add an 8 tonish track excavator someday.

Zivisic

Hi everyone
I am Zvonimir from Croatia.
Mostly i am crushing stones with tractor crusher and doing small construcioning jobs with excavators.
From machines i have
NH TVT 195
FAE STCH and UMH
MAN 18.264
Kobelco SK130UR
Takeuchi TB175
Poclain 60B
I am here to give and request help with mashines.
Thx

Aldan

hi, new here from NC... im the proud owner of a komatsu d58 dozer, a pc300 excavator, along with a few other smaller machines

i do my own repairs on my machines, so being able to talk to the heavy quiepment gurus on this site will be a big help for me
Do you still have the D58 Komatsu. Just wondering about the history of it bc I have one now.

Austin02!

Hello everyone,
I'm Todd and I've been in the heavy equipment parts business for the last 13 years. I have extensive experience with Japanese and Korean excavators. Specifically Kobelco and Yutani. Also Komatsu, Samsung/Volvo, Daewoo/Doosan, Hyundai, Halla. I ran a company in the Pacific Northwest for 10 years. We were also a dealer for Koehring and Barko. We converted machines from excavators to log loaders and processors and also built attachments. At the same time we dismantled machines, specializing in Kobelco. My goal has always been to be a one stop shop for a customer and offer various options to solve their problem. I'm one of those guys that started at the bottom rung and worked their way up. Sometimes I miss the days of running parts.
Currently I run a branch of a heavy equipment dismantling company based out of Buffalo, NY. I run the Riverside, CA branch. We also have branches in Ocala, FL and Edmonton, AB. We've dismantled over 3000 machines. Mainly excavators, wheel loaders and dozers. We've also done some scrapers and rock trucks. We're heavy into Komatsu and CAT.
I also oversee the generic aftermarket business for our organization. Specifically Japanese and Korean excavator Final Drives (hence the name)
We're the largest distributor for Final Drives in North America and also supply new Main Hydraulic Pumps, Turntable Bearings, Swing Motor Assemblies and Track Springs.
I have a lot of knowledge with the above mentioned brands as well as Doosan/Daewoo, Hyundai, Samsung/Volvo, Halla, Kato and Mitsubishi. If it's a Japanese or Korean excavator, chances are I know about it or know the right people who can help.
I hope to be a positive contributor to this site and help members solve problems. And of course I love talking about heavy equipment in general.
Currently I oversee
Is there anyway you could give me a call. My cell is 617.543.0942

I have a halla 360 and can’t find a part number for cross reference for my inner and outer air filter, fuel filter and all hydrlic filters.

kalawit@23

We're glad you've found us! Take a few minutes to let us know what your position and experiences are in the heavy equipment industry, and what interests/hobbies you enjoy.

Since I was late in coming up with this forum, existing members are welcome to post as well.

Please put your username in the "Subject Line".

Thanks, and enjoy your stay!
i am auto electrician.i want to learn more pleaasssse