• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Western Star 6900XD Haul Truck

Truck Shop

What I'm wondering is if it ran while it was on it's side and with that breather under water.
If the shut down was able as soon as it lost oil pressure it shut down. A truck with specifications like
that one with a replacement cost of around {WAG} $280,000 U.S. it will get a replacement cab.
At todays replacement costs insurance will repair to $100,000 easily.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
If the shut down was able as soon as it lost oil pressure it shut down. A truck with specifications like
that one with a replacement cost of around {WAG} $280,000 U.S. it will get a replacement cab.
At todays replacement costs insurance will repair to $100,000 easily.

I'd wager that truck is closer to $500K new. A new KW tri-axle here is $280K or more on the lot before FET.

Truck Shop

Don't know of any at 500K yet but could be, a day cab tri-axle here with 18,000 lb front is
running $235,000. But you have to remember your talking about a KW, Freightliner and
Star are always under. If it has a KW badge it will cost the next newborn. A full blown KW
T990 with condo sleeper and factory installed drop axle with every option is $250,000.

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
The misfits are at it again. That's a buried wiggle wagon in front of the D6T in the tailings pond.

They GOTTA be working for free because I can't understand how our mine keeps these clowns around.

Attachments

• D6.PNG
    D6.PNG
    259 KB · Views: 32

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
So which went in first, the dozer or the truck?

skyking1

My story and I'm sticking to it:
The truck backed way in there and floated/stuck.
Dozer called to the rescue!! < fanfare of trumpets>
NOOObody wanted to set a choker, so the dozer went round back, and
Got high centered on the truck poop pile.

That is so hard on transmission seals and drivelines.
Ask me how I know ;)