• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Western Star Log Trucks

Truck Shop

Those mid 80s Stars with the cools exhaust curves were sexy !

A fuel distributor that I worked for here in town had a 1985 Star just like that black one above only it
was white. It came with a BCIII 400 that broke a crank and ruined the block. I built a N14 mechanical
with ceramic pistons and a few other odds and ends plus installed a CAC out of a 89 Star. Don't truthfully
know what horse power or torque it put out but it was a bunch. At the time Gayle who was my partner
in the shop where I work now was still behind the wheel of his 3408 powered 359, it was a year before
he went into the shop. I remember him saying {I was coming back from Twin Falls on a trip and I can
tell you that white star was one of the very few that gave me trouble, that star will run.

They sold it and it ended up some where in the midwest.

Grizzly1

A fuel distributor that I worked for here in town had a 1985 Star just like that black one above only it
was white. It came with a BCIII 400 that broke a crank and ruined the block. I built a N14 mechanical
with ceramic pistons and a few other odds and ends plus installed a CAC out of a 89 Star. Don't truthfully
know what horse power or torque it put out but it was a bunch. At the time Gayle who was my partner
in the shop where I work now was still behind the wheel of his 3408 powered 359, it was a year before
he went into the shop. I remember him saying {I was coming back from Twin Falls on a trip and I can
tell you that white star was one of the very few that gave me trouble, that star will run.

They sold it and it ended up some where in the midwest.
She must of been a Hot engine . Nothing wrong with a N14. 525 hp

Truck Shop

She must of been a Hot engine . Nothing wrong with a N14. 525 hp

It was a kit, that reportedly would produce 575-if it did I couldn't tell you I never drove it. But the
old guy who did said it pulled like a freight train. You couldn't pry him out of that Star.