• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What Attachments Do You Use?

Hendrik

Lets see, on the Dingo K9-4 I have a 4in1 bucket, earth drill with 4 drills, leveling bar (homemade) and now a cement mixer (partly homemade).
The Kub KX41-3V has 4 buckets, a rockhammer, ability to mount the dingo attachments (although I have not tried the leveling bar or mixer on it) and I made a mechanical thumb for it as well.
The baby of the family Kobelco SK005 only has 3 buckets and a thumb.

TriHonu

Bobcat 763

Bobcat 66 inch, low profile bucket
Bobcat 66 inch, 4 in 1 Bucket, with teeth
CAL Manufacturing 74 inch, 4 in 1 Bucket
Bobcat Tilt-Tatch
Bobcat 30 inch U-digger
ATI 7 foot Landplane, with hydraulic scarifier
Bobcat Grader, 6-way 7.5 foot moldboard
Bobcat Soil Conditioner, 6 ft
Bobcat Model 15 Auger Drive with 10 & 12 inch bits
Bradco 609 Backhoe, 12 and 18 inch buckets
Bradco 66 inch, Industrial Pan Grapple,
Fisher 7 ft Snowplow (skidsteer mount)
HGP 6 ft Snowblower attachment,
Sweepster 60 inch Bucket Sweeper
Virnig 48 and 63 inch Pallet Forks
Loegering Tracks with rubber inserts
Stanley 90 lb hand held Hydraulic Jackhammer
Receiver Hitch Attachment

gmd1984

my t-300 high flow
fecon bull hog mower
bardco forks
root rake grapple
4 in one 96'' bucket
6 way 96'' blade
8' york rake
pick up broom
log grapple
newholand lx885
bucket
forks
bradco back hoe

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
2 Bobcat T-300 High Flow
1 Bobcat Toolcat

2 48" Pallet Forks
1 Bobcat Model 30 auger drive 12", 18", and 36" Bits.
1 Quick Attach 72 Land Plane
1 Bobcat 8' Grader attachment
1 FFC soil preperator
1 Bobcat 60" scarifier attachment
1 72" Sweepster attachment
2 Heavy Duty 80" buckets with cutting edges
1 Loftness G2 Carbide Cutter 61cchs
1 72" Offset Disc

Reel hip

Occupation
owner operator bobcat"s and dump truck"s
Got a bunch. Our 863,963 and S220 has melroe hoe's hydro hammer fits all the skids and T300. Got a breaker for the 443 but not the terex HR 20. Forks, clamshell bucket, broom, auger and just got rid of the chipper.I'm probably forgetting something

tjcoogan

Hi
i'm new to this forum so forgive me hijacking this thread to ask a question.

Is there a difference in operating outcomes between the Harley Power Rake and the Caterpillar Power Box Rake? (for skid steer & track loaders) I have looked at the specs for each and they seem to be almost the same product, from what I could gather anyway. Can anyone give me a comparison between the basics of the two products? Many thanks in advance.

tjcoogan

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The outcome is very much the same. I am not sure who builds CATS power rake but it might even be built by Harley.

tjcoogan

Thanks for the reply, my local Cat dealer says they supply some Cat rake parts to Harley owners so maybe you are right!

Gator Girls

Occupation
Making skid steer attachments
Universal Attachment

One thing I must add. Universal Attachment. If your going to buy please go ahead and purchase the universal attachment plate with it. We have calls daily for many wanting our items but they cannot attach them. I cannot tell you the times we have beat a price or offer something at an incredible deal but the customer cannot attach it due to the hook up. We offer the John Deere hooks for a small charge but bite the bullet and get you a universal attachment plate. You will be glad you did!

universal_plate.jpg
Universal attachment plate
Change out your buckets current mounting system to a more universal style, with the universal attachment plate. ( bucket conversion )

The universal style attachment plate comes already spaced and squared. To do the conversion remove the old hook-up from your bucket and weld the new universal plate in it’s place on the bucket.

The universal attachment plate which welds in to place, has oval shaped openings that allows greater weld coverage, for a stronger weld spread between the universal atachment plate and your bucket.

Made in the U.S.A.

Balavto

Banned
Occupation
Construction equipment hire, different attachement
Gator Girls : Great!! Can you please give me your Phone number, for contact you?

DrJim

Occupation
General Dentist, including Implant Restorations
What is this, a who's got the most stuff thread? At this point, we mostly work on the farm. I get by with:

2001 Bobcat 773G Turbo 56 hp standard flow (open cab)
very important: $ 10 Walmart 12 v cigarette-lighter-powered "air conditioner" (clip on fan, aimed at my head. . .)

66" low profile tooth bucket
66" Bobcat brand 4-in-1 combination bucket
66" Bobcat brand industrial (pan bottom) grapple bucket
36" x 6" Bobcat trencher
Bobcat 15C auger w/ 12" bit (If I need others, I rent them--that's happened once)
pallet forks: Not used often, but essential for unloading, for example, pallets of steel t-posts, etc.
DrJim brand hay spear for round bales
Loegering Eliminator rake (not used often, but really, really handy when needed for ripping, de-rooting, raking out clods and rocks; it is also great for grubbing out privet and briar bushes along the edges of fields, etc) (too light to work going up-hill)

In 07 & 08, we acquired approximately 700 tri-axle loads of fill material, and pushed the majority of it with the skid-steer. Much of the fill was mixed, with big slabs of concrete from utility repair work (spoil), asphalt, and rocks. Though we had a big Cat high-lift around part of the time, the Bobcat 773 with the combo bucket was ideal for sorting the fill material. You can pick up individual rocks, or a bunch of rocks; hold the articulated part of the bucket open a few inches and shake--the dirt falls out. Move the rocks to the bottom of the hole you're filling, and then cover with the clean dirt. The big Cat couldn't do that--the rocks and slabs seemed to want to "float" to the surface. The JD 5425 ag tractor has more raw pushing power, but the skid steer turned circles around it for most of the dirt pushing work.

The grapple bucket can gather and then grab an unbelievable pile of brush in a single bite, turning the small skidsteer into a mighty tool. We skid whole trees with the grapple--grab with one prong of the grapple and then back up. The high lift couldn't do that--it could push them cross ways but a 60' tree is then "wider" than a 10' farm road.

The trencher works great in our soil. With some practice, you can rout out square holes for valve boxes, etc. We did hire some backhoe work, but judged it cheaper than fetching a rental mini-ex and then trying to operate efficiently--the backhoe w/ operator was a good bargain for the things we couldn't do with the skid-steer.

Summary: For years I borrowed or rented skid steers that had only a plain tooth bucket. I wouldn't have believed what we were missing--sort of like how I felt after stripping wire for 10 years with a pocket knifel, the way Dad tought me, only to find out that $10 wire stripping pliers existed the entire time. The grapple and 4-in-1 are essential, huge time savers, worth every dime, even if you have to pay your dealer retail (no, we didn't. . .). Steve, you asked. . . .

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
2011 JD 333
pallet forks
Construction bucket
Grapple bucket
Hyd. Angle snow plow
Tiller
brush chipper

EZDUZIT

Hi. everyone
This is what i have.

2011 Terex PT 100G Forestry

72" Bucket
80" Bradco Bucket
72" Cat Grapple Bucket
72" Quick Attach 6 in 1 Combo Bucket
72" Quick Attach Quick Cla Root Rake Grapple
72" Solesbee Rake Grapple
72" ASV / Grouser Dozer Blade
81" Cat Dozer Blade that i got for free
John Deere Harley Rake
Bobcat 15C Auger
Premiere T150 Trencher
Bobcat Brushcat Rotary Cutter
Fecon Mulcher
Modern Pallet Fork

bjs

Occupation
lawn care speclist
mine is 2011 jd 333d only 120 hrs so far :)

set of forks
tooth bucket
smooth bucket
18 ' auger
root grapple
stump grapple

wish list

dozer blade
trencher
tiller
bushhog
quick power scape
maybe a excavator attachment
maybe a broom

OBPM

A nifty little attachment we just picked up.

Attachments

• P1020039.jpg
    P1020039.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 316
  • P1020040.jpg
    P1020040.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 312
  • P1020043.jpg
    P1020043.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 320

cherokee101

I see you have a Stanley Jackhammer (via search for same). I do as well and the hydraulic seals are leaking. Have you had to replace these and if so what did you do to charge the nitrogen accumulator? Stanley sells a recharge kit for a whopping $600 and I refuse to spend that much for such a small item. Do you know of an alternative? I see lots of kits on Ebay but don't know if their threads will fit the Stanley hammer.

TriHonu

When I bought my Stanley hammer it had a very small leak. I took it to the local Stanley Authorized Repair Center which is about 1/2 hour from me and had them replace the seals. They also found that the accumulator was bad, so they also replaced the accumulator diaphragm and seals it and did a recharge. Total Parts was $92 and labor to repair it was $206.

I don't know what fitting is required to connect to the accumulator. The guy at the repair center told me that most hydraulic repair shops in my area would have the necessary equipment to recharge the accumulator. I took that to mean that the accumulator fitting was a common type.

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
Can't speak for the Stanley, but my Okada has a regular Schrader fill valve. Just like a tire.

Joe Fick

333G

Diamond mowers 84 inch brush cutter
Diamond mowers 60 inch disc mulcher
M&M engineering 16 inch tree shear
Montana post driver 1000E
90 inch tooth bucket
Pallet forks
Home made bale spear that reach over a flatbed instead goin all the way around

Bout all I need on a ranch/farm