• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

What other Make & Models are the same as Kobelco K907C

OldStuff

I have seen that John Deere , Cat & maybe others have used Kobelco machines but do not know models that are the same as the K907C.

Any information would be apprciated as I look for parts and a shop manual.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
The 907 is about 200/220 size these days.They were a nice machine.I helped replace a sleeve in the engine out in the field once because the owner would not get the injection pump rebuilt when it needed it and it always needed ether to start the engine.I'll bet we ran it that way for a year at least,such a shame.It was a Nissen engine as I recall,that was a long time ago.Ron G

OldStuff

This one is a Mitsubishi 6D-15 That sat 3 years and was sold as poor condition , can not be started per the local expert diesel mechanic. Gave her some of the old mans tricks & she started .

excavator

To the best of my knowledge Deere has never been associated with Kobelco. In the late 1980s when Cat bought out Mitsubishi, I believe Mitsubishi had a contract to build machines for several years.Kobelco was being built by Yutani at this time and Mitsubishi approached Yutani about building machines to fulfill this contract. To do this they started MDI/Yutani. I don't remember exactly was MDI stood for but something like Mitsubishi Distribution ______.This what I've been told. According to a Kobelco service bulletin a K907DLC was the same as an MD180LC, a K907LCII was an MD200BLC. There was no K907C twin. For parts diagrams go to Kobelco's web sight, they have everything online now.

OldStuff

Excavator

In my parts book for the Kobelco K907c I found Name Plates for Yutani and P&H P#2432J868 so P&H must have used them or intended to at some time .

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
There was some association between P&H and Kobelco.The Kobelco loaders that I have run had a placard on them declaring that they were built by Kobe Steel under license from P&H.How that translated to the excavators I do not know.I don't remember seeing that on the excavators and I have run several but that doesn't mean it wasn't there,I just don't remember it.Ron G