• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Which 953 to buy??

LeakyBoot

Looking for a 953B or c model. Two current prospects: 1995 very slick B model. One owner and was kept inside when not in use. Is currently having a new engine and undercarriage put on. Downside, has over 14000 hrs. Price is around 40K. Other option is a 98 C model with 4400 hrs and 80 percent undercarriage. This is the rounded hood model. Both have factory air. Price is 45K. I'd be on this one in a second but I hear so much bad about the electronics and no tilt cab, hydo's etc. I like to do as much work on my equipment as I can and hate to have to pay out big bucks everytime it messes up. Comments??

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
wow, i can tell you not to buy the B for $40k thats for sure lol, my last B was a '95 with 85% u/c and A/C and i was happy to get $25k outta it.

the early C's such as the 96-98 stay away from, they are nothing but trouble from what i understand, and besides that its still $20k to high.

Pj