• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Will the SG50 stump grinder work on my CAT 216?

blawton_25

I'm looking at a bobcat stump grinder SG50 that the seller assured me is standard flow. I'm going to be putting this on a CAT 216 with about 15 gpm of flow per the manual. When I looked at the implement there was a third hydrualic connection on the skid steer and seller said was a pressure relief hose and wasn't needed since my machine didn't have the return connection. I've done some research and it seems like the return is pretty important. Also it seems that the grinder is probably high flow since it has the return line. Seller says his bobcat only has 16gpm and I saw it work and seemed to grind fine. So long an short will this work on my machine? Thanks for the help

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You can have a case drain without it being a high flow attachment but I agree it is mostly seen on high flow machines. You can look up on the BC website and see if that is a high flow stump grinder. If it is low flow it would work after you put a case drain line on your 216. My question is do you really want to? Stump grinding with any degree of productivity is not going to be accomplished at 15 gpm. It will painful. If your a home owner and your not in it to make money, perhaps you can make it work. If your a contractor I think you will be very disappointed, especially in hard wood. Personally I would pass, but your mileage may vary.