• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Worth it? Aftermarket transmission deep pans for pickup trucks

Roadoil

Getting off topic here but if anyone is ever passing through Amarillo hit up the Big Texan where I fixed this truck best steak good beer and hospitality.

Attachments

• IMG_2537.jpeg
    IMG_2537.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 68274706933__5DF0A2AC-626E-4973-8A52-6E210DAB97EE.jpeg
    68274706933__5DF0A2AC-626E-4973-8A52-6E210DAB97EE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8

Roadoil

If you buy the proper spacers you can tow the same.

All duallys have factory spacers in the front btw
These spacers very thin aluminum maybe 1/4" that went in between inner wheel and outer wheel just that much added considerable stress on the lugs towing heavy causing them to snap off both sides.

This wasn't some rusty truck from back East that had weak studs had no rust they snapped clean.

cfherrman

Those are not proper spacers, they took a hub centric system and made it lug centric.

Buy proper spacers and get a proper result.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
My Dodge doesn't have any kind of spacers between the wheels; never has, nor are there any on the front. They are unimount or hub pilot whichever term is correct for the style with the flange head lug nuts. I've never busted any studs but the wheels on the rear are an SOB each time I take them off. Always rusted together and must be pried from the hub, and apart from each other. Anti-seize doesn't seem to have much effect over the duration the tires remain untouched.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
All pickup duallys have factory spacers on the front
Mine never has had. Wheels fit right against the pilot ring and hub face retained by free spinning flange face style lug nuts. Rockwell wheels which are OEM to the truck I purchased new.

Syleng1

Occupation
Welder- farmer
Back to the original topic:

OP: here. Just back- 600mile run to Jerrico Mnt and back with the toy hauler, 2 quads and gear. Truck ran amazing. Average transmission temp was 160f.
Right before we left I changed the trans fluid and filters. Mopar ATF +4 and the Transfer case fluid with the Borg and Warner oil. It was about 5,000 early but fluid is cheap. Kept factory pan and no issues. Thank you all for the help.
Syleng1 IMG_3110.jpeg