• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

X15 compressor airline has oil in it

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
2019 KW T800 with a X15 in it.

Had a service call where air wouldn't build above 50 psi. Found braided line from compressor to dryer was cracked. When I took the line off, it had oil seeping to the outside of the line and had dried oil lining the inside the of line. Is my compressor starting to go? Is it worth rebuilding if caught this soon? It builds air just fine still.

cfherrman

There's a thread I think in trucks that talks about this.

Basically you should get a compressor sooner rather than later.

I personally ran one in a truck that wasn't mine that kept plugging the line up with burnt oil, that was running it too much and the compressor went anyway which ended in a service call. Compressors are cheap enough I'd get one coming to your favorite mechanic and replace it when you get the time.