• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Yanmar B15 problem

johnthefarm

Hello folks,
I run an 20 year old Yanmar B15 on my farm for small jobs, it's a great little machine.
I got a burning smell yesterday and then she blew a fuse and wouldn't run.
I had a quick look an couldn't see any problems, I changed the fuse and she's running but I've got no boom control on the joysticks, she tracks OK and the blade works.
I'm good with tractors but don't have much idea when it cones to excavators so any help is appreciated.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day John & welcome
The reason for the fuse blowing must be found, replacing the fuse will not fix the issue. I believe your machine has a control lock out solenoid, it's probable that this will be located nearby to the pumps. If you have a hydraulic schematic, it will help if not follow the feed line to the hand control levers.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Which fuse have you replaced, see attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• b15 ElecDia.pdf
    134.4 KB · Views: 6

johnthefarm

Hello Uffex,
Thanks for your reply, after further investigation there is a solenoid with clear indication of melting so I'm guessing this is the problem, thanks for your help, will hopefully have time for a look again at the weekend.
Kind regards, John