• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1:32 scale lowboy tractor are any made?

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
I have some 1:32 scale telehandlers. I was looking for a matching truck to put one on. All the trucks I see are 1:50 so if anyone has ever seen any different ones to suit 1:32 scale I would appreciate the leads to them. THanks:drinkup

JD4020

Yea, the ones made by New-Ray will be your best bet, best deals on them will most likely be from 3000toys.com. I have two of them, Im thinking chopping one up and giving it a detachable gooseneck.

Jdigger4130

I think the offerings in 32nd are of very poor detail. Just my opinion but having learned the hard way(wallet) I feel the way to go is in 50th scale and Sword/twh or if yer like me and obsessed...CCM. W these companies ya get what ya pay for. And you do pay!

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
I thunk that the cheapest place to get the 1/32 new ray trucks is at www.3000toys.com I recently purchased a Komatsu PC400 excavator from themin 1/32 scale. It is a Joal model but was surprisingly detailed. The only bad thing about it is the metal tracks are a little loose.

Beekster

Occupation
retired
Coming to this one late. I've found that there is very little 1/32 stuff around in kit form; a few Snap-Tite trucks and a few old AMT trailer kits available on eBay. I myself usually do 1/35 tanks, but I'm working up a 1/32 tank transporter to carry one. Building a Mack DM895SX tractor using the Monogram R600 cab and everything else scratchbuilt. Trailer too is a scratch job; using inner duals and tires from a Tamiya FlaK18 kit and outer duals modified from the Snap-Tite Mack firetruck kit. Damn few trucks in 1/32 or 1/35 suitable for conversion into anything, let alone a militarized tractor for a tank transporter. If anybody has old kits or models that they are parting out, drop me a line---I'll take 'em off your hands.

Jdigger4130

Hey Beekster, Justin here, I am gonna be at the Harrisburg Oregon toy show next sat and will be bringing some 32nd scale stuff. Nothing much, A Sherman tank I wanted to try and take the undercarriage from for A Maddill yarder , A 200 class Fiat Hitachi ex that said 25th scale but is clearly 32nd and A 518 grapple skidder. Plus I have a bunch of model parts and die cast in 50th 48th and 25th scale. I will be the short guy w glasses and tattoos thats having fun.

Beekster

Occupation
retired
I'll have to miss that one, Justin; bummer about that. I've got a car club event that day in Newberg (I live in Hillsboro). If you do any of the scale modeling shows, I'll be at the Seattle IPMS show on April 9th showing a couple of Shermans (M51 Type A with scratchbuilt interior; Coldstream Guards rocket Firefly) and trolling the vendor tables for goodies. Finding suitable wheels for a 1/35 scale trailer model is proving to be hugely difficult. Scratchbuilding the lowboy itself isn't a huge deal, but proper running gear is the challenge. Most military truck kits with duals just aren't quite the right size. Not worried about military tread patterns; lots of rigs used primarily off-road use those tires. But rim sizes are typically different.

As for the Madill 071, I have one of those planned as well. I'd love to get some actual blueprints, but so far only a sales brochure. I would suggest 1/35 for the tank parts. If you want it on a truck, even a die-cast, the 4% difference between 1/32 and 1/35 won't be noticeable. The modern 1/35 tank kits are far superior in detail to the older 1/32 offerings. Check out www.tasca-modellismo.com out of Japan. Tasca makes the best Sherman kits, and they sell the parts sprues and suspensions separately. For a Madill 071, all you need is the lower hull tub, firewall, differential cover, and suspension. Everything from the sponson line on up has to be scratchbuilt anyway. Oh, and you'll need to come up with a transmission (available in resin or by raiding an Academy M10 kit) and a suitable engine. I haven't solved that last one yet; nobody makes a Detroit Diesel 8V-71 in 1/35.

HCF

Occupation
Fabricator
dont mean to push my stuff but if you guys ever need any truck parts i have a bunch of new ray 1/32 trucks that i am more than willing to part out. I actually will just send the whole truck. so if youre ever in need of that stuff just shoot me a PM.