• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

?

crane operator

I've got a t800 still with myriads of problems. Slow building air ( I think the new/reman compressor is suspect- or at least the unloader valves in it). Jakes don't work. Got to find a tilt steering column because my knees don't fit KW's idea of a "standard driver". Junkyards appear to have none of them available.

Cant find hood plastic sealing pieces we took off when we painted it, they are somewhere in the shop, but no one can find them. Need a aux. fuel tank for on the flatbed- but I want a specific size and I'm too cheap to buy a new one. Throttle is kind of touchy/ bad signal from foot pedal- I think.

I got lots of KW problems, a few solutions and no time for any of it.

I got a Pete with a 3406 out of commission with a bad head. Got a brake switch leaking air under the dash of a ford 9000 also. Good thing my young mechanic has narrow shoulders, because I can't hardly get twisted around under that dash.

I got about 42 other problems- including my 90 ton linkbelt is down with electrical issues in my back yard on outriggers, that's blocking in my double drop and rollback trailers. It just died swapping some counterweights- which its always a blessing when they break on the yard instead of in the middle of a road closure. I think I may have to set up my 100 ton and pick the rollback trailer out and over the crane that's broke, because I need the trailer next week.

But in the good news category, we got three down cranes fixed in the last week. One set of exhaust gaskets in a 3126, a different link belt with electrical issues, and a ISL cummins with a broken steel injector line on a jobsite a hour and a half away. (Found the line at a engine core place a hour and a half away in the other direction- and was back running the same day- which is great win!)

Know a good semi retired mechanic looking for work? He won't have time to fix anything though- we're slammed with work so can't take anything down for repairs. :)

RocketScott

Does this count?

dORJtdi.jpg

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Got a W900A. Stripped it all down and started rebuilding it. Haven't touched it in over 3 years. Probably end up stripping off the new parts I put on it and haul the rest to the junkyard. I've just lost all interest in the project. I'd rather have a Chevelle, Nova, or a square body Chevy at this point in my life.

homestead463

I looked at an f350 single axle dump before I bought my I***. Guy wanted 7500 for it. I kid you not, there were so many holes in the dump bed if you loaded 4 tons of gravel in the thing you'd be lucky to get a ton home. I thought about offering him 750 and turning it into a project but decided against it when I saw how much rust was on the frame.

Old Doug

Oooo . . . Your's has a tarp!!!
I would never have believed this tarp would have lasted over 20 trips. This has been one of the better trucks i have owned not because of what it is but because of how much i have done with it ,how cheap it has been to use and i have owned it right at the time i really needed it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230607_065646.jpg
    IMG_20230607_065646.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 15