• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

12 Ton grader at work

Motor Grader

Occupation
Technology Solutions Expert
I thought I would post some new pictures of our prototype C116 on demonstration with a local contractor.

Attachments

• DSC01004.JPG
    DSC01004.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 1,497
  • DSC01016.JPG
    DSC01016.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 1,387
  • DSC01023.JPG
    DSC01023.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,369
  • DSC01018.JPG
    DSC01018.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,695

redlaker1

nice grader, we have one where I work but I wasnt sure about the model. so I went on the champion website and funny thing. there was the exact grader we have at work.
pretty good machine, very maneuverable. havent had too many problems with it, and it is in one of the toughest environments a grader might ever face

Attachments

• C86-Red%20Lake_DSC00342.jpg
    C86-Red%20Lake_DSC00342.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,295
  • C86-Red%20Lake_DSC00356.JPG
    C86-Red%20Lake_DSC00356.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,221

Motor Grader

Occupation
Hey Redlaker1, I actually took these pictures on my visit to the Red Lake mine a couple years ago. Your correct, that you have one of the toughest applications that our compact graders see. I just returned from a trip to De Beers Diamond Mine / Snap Lake Project in Yellow Knife, Canada. Very similar conditions. They put a rock crusher in place so that there was actually something to put down and maintain on the haul roads. It made a world of difference and their roads were the best we have ever seen in a mine. Glad to hear the grader is running with minimum problems. Working through issues in the mines only makes a stronger grader for our customers that grade on the surface.

Motor Grader

Occupation
Pics from Snap Lake

Here are a few photos from the Snap Lake Mine in Yellow Knife. In case your wondering, this is one of the mines shown on "Ice Road Truckers". I was hoping our grader would be one of the loads on the show but I later found out that they brought it in by C130. Their mine is a drive in type andat the moment it is only around 1500 feet deep. Its only 2 years old. Not the same as riding an elevator 1 mile straight down as your water bottle crushes in your hand under the pressure! You guys are a different breed of worker.:notworthy

Attachments

• DSC00958.JPG
    DSC00958.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 2,020
  • DSC00930.JPG
    DSC00930.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,198
  • DSC00935.JPG
    DSC00935.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 1,494
Last edited:

redlaker1

I remember when the champion guys were up here, I must have been off shift or working somewhere else.. but right now I am working about 100feet from where that picture was taken. it sure would be nice to have a crusher underground but I just cant see it happening any time soon. until then they will just have to keep on grading bald rock. not sure how many hours that unit has on it, but I know it got a new set of tires, they were worn off on the side walls from rubbing the wall. they did hit the wall with the moldboard and rip one of the main supports off. but that would be the surface grading equivalent of finding a concrete wall and then slamming into it repeatedly with the moldboard.

even grading bald rock most of the time it does well, its a pleasure to drive.. though I am a mechanic so I don't do it often. but sometimes when the shop gets too messy I just run a few passes through with the grader and that takes care of it

we are a different breed of worker I guess, our ramp starts at 5000 feet and goes down from there, so having to bring everything down in a cage the size of a closet has its own unique challenges. you get used to it.... its in your blood I guess