• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

140m2 soft lock override

JOHN140

Hello I'm hoping someone knows what soft lock over ride on my 140m2 is. Its in implement settings with the option to enable it, but only can be enabled with park brake on. When I take park brake off it goes back to disabled on its own. The articulation is extremely soft on this blade like the lift cylinders when your in fine modulation. I much prefer the more course articulation controle and am wondering if this soft lock override has something to do with it. I asked the cat guy about it last week while changing DPF and he didn't have a clue.. thanks

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Enhancements for Implement and Steering Software (Implement ECM)
    • (14L and all M Series Models) - A change to the nomenclature for the individual implement function lockouts "Service Mode" that is used to override the individual implement function lockouts. The "Service Mode" will now be referred to as the '"Implement Soft Lock Override". No change to the functionality of the feature. The Implement Soft Lock Override is available in the Messenger. This override will allow the operator or technician to override the individual implement locked out functions to reposition the locked out function(s). To activate the Implement Soft Lock Override, the engine must be running and the Parking Brake must be engaged. Disengaging the Parking Brake will cancel the Implement Soft Lock Override. When the Implement Soft Lock Override is no longer active, the implement function(s) will be locked out in the last controlled position. To access the Implement Soft Lock Override in the Messenger, from the Main Menu, select "Settings" , select "Implement" , then, select "Implement Soft Lock Override".

JOHN140

Thanks mark. Very good explanation.. so why would individual functions be locked out? Which ones could be locked out. I think all of the functions work on this machine. thanks