• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1845C Chain sprocket

CaboverPacman

I picked up a new to me 1845C skid steer with 3001 hours, Previous owner bought it broken down missing a few parts like the radiator from scrappers with no history. Anyway I have it running after years of sitting , I went to move it to see if it needed anything like motors or a pump and the right side makes a clunking sound like tracks moving. I pulled the inspection covers and discovered the Big sprocket with the 3 chains on the right side has some play in it. I assume it needs a bearing so I ordered the kit with the shaft, 2 bearings and sprocket. My question is are the two bearings pressed into the sprocket? I don't have the new one yet and wont have it until sometime next week. Just wondering about that. Also has anyone here removed it? how did you go about it? Seems like you would remove the tires and move the hubs inward to put slack in the chain then move the drive motor back for slack and remove chains then pull the sprocket out the front inspection hole.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I picked up a new to me 1845C skid steer with 3001 hour
CaboverPacman,

I am "stating a conversation" with you where I will be able to send you a PDF file of the manual for this Case. As you are new here you may have to look around up at the top of the home page to see it. Should be a read box you can click on.