• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1962 (ish) Cat

JD4020

My neighbor has an old Cat loader. I have no info on it and would like to find out some more. I talked with his son, who said he thinks it is around a 1962. It has a unique cab, like Ive never seen before. Anybody have any pics they can post to help me see one, so I can get some more info? I have no pics of it myself.

JD4020

After a google search, I came up with this, its DAMN close, except without all the pipelaying stuff. The website I found it at was hard to navigate and get more info. Any info?

Attachments

• loader.jpg
    loader.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 599

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
The loader in the pic looks like a 950. It's an articulated loader so I think it is newer than 1962.

PETE379

Occupation
Manage and oversee daily operations, also process
We had a 1967 950 with the regular cab, but I remember seeing that cab in the parts book.

JD4020

Ive settled on a 966A, nt sure on year. I just wanted more info, its an AWESOme loader, when I was younger I spent HOURS sitting in it making noises. My favorite part is the bell rigged up in the wheel, so when in reverses, it makes an awesome ding, ding, ding. If I was older and in the business I would jump on a chance to buy it. Brakes are bad, needs paint, but thats about it. I hope he pulls it out this summer so I can take some pics.

PETE379

Occupation
Manage and oversee daily operations, also process
There's no plate in the cab somewhere, or in the center of the machine? A 966A looks totaly different then that pic. Like the other guys said, a 966A would be a straight frame, rear steer machine. It would be a 966B if its a 966. Look for an ID plate would be best bet, you can figure out the year by the serial number.