• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Troy4500Industrial

Hello!

So I've read enough posts on here to understand that for the trans on my 580B, I need to not be the extreme tight a$$ I naturally tend to be and buy the good CASE Hy-Trans fluid from the dealer ... my question is, for the hoe and loader, the hydro fluid I will be putting in my loader arm reservoirs ... does that also need to be CASE Hy-Trans or can I get away with a more decently priced, possibly Travelers Premium from TSC orrrr Supertech from the Wally World??

I swear I've read about people using something other then CASE and their hydo seals/glands swelling and locking up?!

Billrog

Occupation
band mill , backhoe and dump truck
I used reasonably price oil from where ever I could get it in my 580B with 15,000 hrs on it when I bought it for 5 years with no ill results. Then sold it for what I paid for it with everything still working after another 6,000 hrs.

Welder Dave

Just the hydraulic fluid for the loader and hoe should be fine. It's not hi-tech hydraulics like some new machines have.

Troy4500Industrial

Well the backhoe has a leaky line, and it’s white in color so I’m guessing so ... the gent I bought this off of left it out during the winters and didn’t run it, so I’m sure water has worked it’s way into the system ... I’m gonna run it hard and see if that helps, but if nothing else I wanted to know what kinda fluid to flush and refill

Tinkerer