• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1990 Linkbelt 3400 CII- hydraulic pump regulator/control settings- NEED HELP

Dr.Dredge

The right track is weak, the bucket is weak and the boom up is weak. I had the pump rebuilt, it never fixed the issue. I am looking for possibly issues that could be causing this to figure out how to fix it. The outer pump won't maintain pressure. Can't find any system set up through Linkbelt.
I need procedures for adjusting the pump. Thanks for any help.

nobbie

look for pump brand and model numbers then google adjustment but it sounds like a relief valve that is common to those functions as ive never heard of link belt until now i really can not help

mikebramel

Good luck finding a link belt manual you will need to find the equivelant case machine.

I think the pressure cut off is the bigger sleeve

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I would be talking to the people who rebuilt the pump. Back in the days when I was doing lots of excavator work there were people saying they could rebuild the pump and would just put bearings and seals in without setting the controls up properly on a dyno. Link-Belt and Case dealers would only sell new pumps after each had disasters with rebuilding them.

You need a flow meter to check out those units. They are a simple negative control that turns the pump on when you operate a function. They don't have load sensing. As I recall they will back off the pump by way of a solenoid when the engine RPM drops. My guess is that they either didn't lap the piston and barrel assembly to the seal plate or they put the controls valves back together wrong.

Good Luck!