• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1993 416 no steering ?

gary808

Occupation
operator,maintanence ,fabricator
well one of out backhoes that we euse to pull one of our tow graders lost its power steering the other day ....first we thought low on oil but it was good ,we changed the filters and still nothing .

the only time it has power steering is whan you use one of the bucket controls ,but as soon as you stop the steering dies .

the pump compensator works fine and i have oil pressure in the signal line off of the hand metering unit ..:confused:

has anyone exoerienced this kind of failure /?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I'm not familiar with all the components on Cat loader/hoe, but if I was to guess, it sounds like you have a problem with a priority flow divider. You might try sending a private message to Cmark, he might know more about the workings of your machine. ;)

Brokedown

Cat 426 I'm having problems lifting the boom. I've tried replacing "O" rings and resolvers and still nothing. The only way i can lift it is by rolling the bucket and holding pressure on it. Does anyone have any advice.

bobin35

check resolver valve o-rings theres a procedure to test resolver vaves in the service manual,if i remeber you only need 1 gauge to test them.

Brokedown

Thanks Bobin35, I did change the resolvers and it did nothing, however i don't have a repair manual so i'm not sure of the process of elimanation perhaps someone in this forum can tell me what i should look for. Thanks,

Brokedown

Thanks Bobin35, I did change the resolvers and it did nothing, however i don't have a repair manual so I'm not sure of the process of elimination perhaps someone in this forum can tell me what i should look for. Thanks,

gary808

Occupation
operator,maintanence ,fabricator
sounds like you have the same problem im having but on a different circut ? well we never got around to testing ours ,we had the resolvers out and just about the whole tractor apart....we got a book now so we can run the tests .

did you try looking online for a repair/man??