• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1995 CASE 9010B wont start...engine has labor starting.

tompands

This 9010B was running great. It has the cummins 4BT engine. One day it just quit running. I have had 4 different mechanics out there to look at it. 1 from United rentals, 1 From case, and 2 local mechanics. We have cleaned fuel tank, Had the injection pump rebuilt($2500) and checked numerous things for NO START issues. Has new batteries and starter. Oil filter was removed and cut open-no metal in it. The engine-from the beginning of this issue- has turned over very slowly, like there is a drag on it. It just wont spin fast. Someone said to one of my employees, that there is a SOLENOID that dumps the hydraulic pressure and allows the engine to spin fast and start. In other words , the added pressure of the hydraulic system is putting a strain on the engine, preventing it from starting. Does this sound right to anyone? I'm at a complete loss with this machine and don't have any idea where to go from here. If I knew where that solenoid was, I would replace it. They guy said it either "DUMPS" or "Bypasses" the hydraulic system. But if it's true, I can see why the engine has a strain starting. Any help would be appreciated.