• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1996 Caterpillar 312 Grey Market Electrical Harness 7DK00610

Melton3019

Hello all, we have a excavator with a melted harness from the circuit panel to the engine. I've attempted repairs and at this point it is much easier I feel like to replace the body harness. With that said does anyone know where to buy either a partial or complete harness? A picture of data tag is attached. I'm in North Carolina and have attempted to hire several people with knowledge and they have all been no shows... Thank you!

Attachments

• 20240303_135224.jpg
    20240303_135224.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Kudos for posting a Serial Number. That makes things much easier.

The problem with the 7DK machines is that there is no parts information for them in the online system. To search for a replacement harness (or to get one from a Cat dealer) you will first need the Part Number of said harness.

Do you have a photo or two of the harness.? It would help to identify it. Meantime I will go digging to see if I can find an appropriate electrical schematic for your particular Serial Number.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
See the attachment which is from a slightly different model of 312. Can you pick out the harness that you need.? The Part Number listed for it may not be the same as what is on your machine but at least it will be a start.

Attachments

• 4I-5404 Wiring Gp.pdf
    344 KB · Views: 1