• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1999 d6r transmission pressure problems

996r

Got her fixed, ended up being a stuck transmission relief valve. Thanks for all the help guys

996r

Yeah, the relief valve is in the manifold that the modulation valves are bolted on.

Herman cat

Good day I'm a new member
Got a problem on D6R transmission electric but we put a 3306 in it start up good all gear shitf good went and test it 45minutes in 1st gear forward gone and came back strong and good then forward gone only reverse 2de and 3
Stop switch off start 1st forward and reverse good 2de forward good reverse gone forward 3de good reverse gone
Now we have forward all shift good no reverse pressure look good but no movement in reverse
Can you help no ET laptop

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Serial Number would be a good start. There must be 50+ different models of D6R.

Take a look at the RH top corner of the digital window that shows the hourmeter. After you turn the key on and the panel completes the self-test do the words "SERV CODE" stay lit.?

tctractors

By the sound of things the valve found to be faulty in the original post was the modulation control valve that is bolted just near the drive coupling on the outside of the transmission, standard voltage is sent to a mag coil at a set engine speed/temp, the coils that work the speed and direction on the R use pulse width modulation the same as the first section of the brakes. tctractors

Herman cat

Serial Number would be a good start. There must be 50+ different models of D6R.

Take a look at the RH top corner of the digital window that shows the hourmeter. After you turn the key on and the panel completes the self-test do the words "SERV CODE" stay lit.?
I'll get it later today not on site now but will have a look and let you know the dach is off can not see code

Nige

......the dach is off can not see code
That being the case the Serial Number on its own is worthless.
By the sounds of your description of the problem, which I must admit I don't totally understand, it sounds to me like it is likely to be related to the electrical/electronic system. Therefore the first logical place to start is Diagnostic Codes.
You are either going to have to fix the Monitor Panel so you can see the Codes or get a laptop with ET. I don't see any other options.

Cozmin

Got her fixed, ended up being a stuck transmission relief valve. Thanks for all the help guys
Hi, i think i have the same problem, can you tell me were is this relief valve? I check the pressures on the gear, sims to be ok, i think i have not the brake release pressure. Ty

dieseltoolz

Make sure there is no leak in the transmission. My personal vehicle is currently having a similar issue and it ended up being an oil leak from the oil cooler

Nige

Hi, i think i have the same problem, can you tell me were is this relief valve? I check the pressures on the gear, sims to be ok, i think i have not the brake release pressure. Ty
Try starting a new thread. Quote your machine model and Serial Number. Give a complete description of what symptoms you have now and what the machine was doing leading up to the problem appearing.

We can always refer back to this thread if necessary.