• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2001 scraper Terex ts14g not shifting

Fob13

2001 scraper Terex ts14g not going into gear feels like it’s in gear I can up shift and down shift just won’t move until I’m in 4th gear then moves only in 4th nothing els in engaging no reverse either feels like it’s in reverse but not engaging

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Should be some transmission codes.
Check codes and reply.
If no codes, try transmission calibration, should make some codes after it fails calibration.
(transmission has to be hot to allow calibration)
Transmissions often fail in the scrapers. Check your filters and oil for debris.

Questionable wizard

There are two solenoids energized for every gear selected, forward or reverse. Numerical 1-4 and alphabetical A-D. Check for magnetism at the energized solenoids based on the gear selected. Check at each solenoid connector between the two female pins for voltage. This should narrow your problem down whether wiring, burned out solenoid, or internal transmission problems. I would strongly recommend performing an oil sample on the transmission.

Attachments

• Funk DF 150 solenoid use by gear.jpg
    Funk DF 150 solenoid use by gear.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Funk DF150 solenoid ID.jpg
    Funk DF150 solenoid ID.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 8