• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2006 John Deere 650J LGP

Leesequipment

I have a John Deere 650J LGP (2006) that we just had pressure washed and the undercarriage cleaned out, etc. Got it back on the job and within a few hours, the right side locks up on reverse. Any thoughts or ideas on what this could be? Could it have something to do with the clean up or something more. Hoping it is not the final drive going out. Never heard the excessive loud noise or any of that associated with that kind of damage.

Vetech63

Check the speed sensor on your right drive motor. It could have gotten water in the plug when it was cleaned. Also make sure when you unplug it there isn't oil inside the sensor plug. They will leak over time and disrupt the electrical output current. That's the most common thing Ive run into. Outside of that Mestizo is the resident JD guy!;)

OldMachinist

Pardon the obvious newbie question. Under my JD 450H and looking to change the engine oil. There is an access hole in the belly oil pan cover that seems like I can drain the oil through. There are two "drain" bolts in the back end of the engine oil pan. One sticks straight down from the oil pan and the other sticks straight out the back of the pan a few inches from the vertical one. Which is the engine oil drain plug? What is the other one for?

Vetech63

Pardon the obvious newbie question. Under my JD 450H and looking to change the engine oil. There is an access hole in the belly oil pan cover that seems like I can drain the oil through. There are two "drain" bolts in the back end of the engine oil pan. One sticks straight down from the oil pan and the other sticks straight out the back of the pan a few inches from the vertical one. Which is the engine oil drain plug? What is the other one for?
Its not unusual to see several oil drain plugs in an oil pan. The engines/pans can be used in multiple applications. Use the drain plug that is most convenient for you.