• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2008 320 Deere won't crank

f150skidoo

So yesterday morning I picked up a used 2008 John Deere 320 skid steer with 1800 hrs. So of course i'm just like a kid at Christmas and has to go out and play with your new toy. This morning i fired it up pulled it out of the garage used it for a little bit then parked it and turned the engine off. At that time I obviously started scrolling through the menu/functions of its LCD screen so I guess I managed to lock the machine out with the anti theft function. The screen shows LOCKA and LOCK2, On LOCKA I punched in 999 which is a factory code which say unlocked after the numbers are entered. But when you try and crank the engine nothing happens except you can hear the solenoid click. Once you bring the key back to the off position the screen reads LOCK2 then locked after. Do any of you guys know how to get the machine unlocked. I bought the machine from a dealer so ill give them a call tomorrow if i cant get this resolved.

Thanks Mike

f150skidoo

The local Deere dealer came around and diagnosed the machine and the starter died. So hopefully they will be installing the new starter today or tomorrow.