• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2011 john deere 244j fault code "e601d

512high

Good am, any service people or mobile techs know what this code is (E601D), 2011 jd 244J WHEEL LOADER? happy new year, thanks, philip

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
What is loader doing ?Is that the right number coming up .Don't see that one listed in manual.

512high

ty for the response tool-king! yes took a picture its E601D its a small wheel loader, made by Liebherr(2011 john deere 244J), loader is running fine as far as I know, engine/filter, hydro/filter done very recent, its used only for snow removal, sits in a shop most of the time, i run it once a month for a mile or so, battery tender always on it etc.

no leaks, only thing i haven't done is fuel filter(s), there were done when i purchased used in 2014, i have only put 60 hours or so since then..maybe thats the issue? i have googled and a few other people have had the same code appear , but no answer? it came on first thursday after running it for 30 minutes or so, i did not take a picture when i shut unit down, i called dealer, he asked what it was i said, it no longer appears, said next time if it happens call, they can tell me what it is....i started unit today, ran it for 25 minutes, appeared, thats when i took picture, of course saturday, dealership closed.

when i say, ran it, meaning driving unit on road,

Deere tech

Occupation
field mechanic
E601d is a generic code for a 'normal service code' going on in the engine. If the code changes to an E601c then that indicates that there is a 'critical service code'. Either way both of those 601 codes are Liebherr's way of letting you know that something is going on with the John Deere engine and you might want to get it looked at.

My thoughts are you should change the fuel filters and run it to see how it goes. If the code comes back then you'll have to get a Deere tech out to connect to the engine and find out whats going on...

512high

E601d is a generic code for a 'normal service code' going on in the engine. If the code changes to an E601c then that indicates that there is a 'critical service code'. Either way both of those 601 codes are Liebherr's way of letting you know that something is going on with the John Deere engine and you might want to get it looked at.

My thoughts are you should change the fuel filters and run it to see how it goes. If the code comes back then you'll have to get a Deere tech out to connect to the engine and find out whats going on...

Deere tech, thank you so much for the reply, happy new year. My nortrax dealer seems ok, I spoke with service Friday, he said if it happens, to call and they will tell me what the code is, I will call tomorrow, maybe they are open, if not Tuesday am....im hoping its something simple and easy that I can do in house, when I find out, I will post back, thanks again!