• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2014 F750 Driver Seat

LeglessCrow

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Tech
I've recently become a field tech at my job and I'm driving a 2014 F750. The driver seat is completely worn out and the air ride suspension is shot on it also. I've been given the go ahead to get a new assembly however, I didn't realize how difficult it seems to be to find one. What do you guys suggest and where can I find one? I've been told by other techs to get a "low profile" base. Otherwise I'll be banging my head on the roof when I'm driving on rough roads or job sites. I'm also a hefty fella so something with a heavier duty rating would be nice. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jonas302

Most of your heavy truck places will get you one ordered its hard to find a bunch on display to test sit some of the bigger dealerships have them out

Former Wrench

Occupation
Retired
If you are going to be solo, you might consider a single driver's seat and a fold down jumper seat. This will free up room for parts/laptop/other.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Having run a 750 you absolutely need a low ride. Dealers should be able to get them. Look online as well. 4 state trucks in Joplin has tons of them, not sure what freight would be on one.

LeglessCrow

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Tech
Yeah I was looking on there and saw the ones they had but I wasn’t sure if they were for the 750. If you go over to the side and put in the make and model all of the options go away.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
You may have to drill some holes or swap some base parts but they’ll work. I’d be surprised if they had a listing at all for a 750.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I recently had the same issue . The dealer said there was no lead time on a replacement. So, I ask, is the suspension ok? If it is, I can recommend a replacement seat which sits on the suspension. There's a National seating retailer here in Northern Illinois that may be able to help.

Old Doug

Before covid i needed a low airride low back. It was a deal the seat places were 6 weeks out and said maybe. The junkyards wanted 3/4 of new price and i didnt have time to drive all over the country looking. I spent alot of time calling around i called one place back that had said no to see if they had any thing that i could work with and they found just what i needed in stock that they had forgot about having. I was to the point of putting another junk seat in this truck and having the old one redone. Good luck.