• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2016 Mack MP8 SCR fault.........no diagnostic codes......truck in derate......need help!!

Monkeywithawrench

2016 GU713 Granite truck, MP8 engine. Had a code for EGR differential pressure sensor range being high. One of the tubes to the sensor was clogged. Took it apart yesterday, cleaned the tubes, put it back together, cleared the code out, started it ran it in the shop, then went home. I guess I left the ignition on last night. Showed up at the shop this morning to change the oil on my service truck. Got in it, tried to start it.......not even a click. Put charger on it, charged batteries, started it.......then WHAM!! SCR FAULT......DERATE IN 60 MINUTES!!
I have Tech tool with programming. No codes, ran DPF service (regen the DPF), completed, passed. Ran NOX oxidation reduction test, passed. I ran every test I could think of with Tech tool on the after treatment system. All sensors seemed to be good and reading. DEF pressure was around 130 psi, fuel pressure for DPF cleaning was around 80 psi. PPM for NOX were being cut in half. DPF pressure differential was about 0.5 psi, Soot level got knocked down from 95% to 0% ( I ran 3 or 4 DPF regens).
Last resort........disconnected negative on batteries for 10 minutes, cycled key a few times, hooked it back up again. SCR derate. Reprogrammed ECU with latest and greatest download.
Nothing has worked........I'm at a loss. Trucks down now..........needed for the morning. No idea what to try..........break out the parts cannon???
Pisses me off there are no codes and its in derate.
Anybody got any ideas??